Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Javin DeLaurier

Yeah, Justise/Plumlee were probably 1/2 in some order in those categories in '15, and Marshall had it in '16. Forgot about those guys. Nelson's a good call, too. Guess it's not as rare as I thought.

I'd love for Javin to play a role on this team like Marshall did in '15.

That would be great, Childress. Maybe a little bit for floor time than Marshall rec'd in 2015, but a similar role.

JD needs to limit the personal fouls, though.

Yeah, Justise/Plumlee were probably 1/2 in some order in those categories in '15, and Marshall had it in '16. Forgot about those guys. Nelson's a good call, too. Guess it's not as rare as I thought.

I'd love for Javin to play a role on this team like Marshall did in '15.

Bolden casts a long shadow.

Watched some of K's press conference today, and it's clear from his comments that Javin's part of the regular rotation and has impressed. He also said that they will play him as both a big and "on the perimeter", which I guess means as the opposite of a stretch-4 (a pack-3?).

He also said he believes Javin is a future pro, with which I agree. He did not add "Marques, however, is not a future pro", with which I would have also agreed.

Good. With how things have shifted to K apparently embracing big ball, I think it's time to revisit the minutes projections in games worth caring about:

PG Trevon Duval (36) / Grayson Allen (4)
SG Grayson Allen (32) / Gary Trent (8)
SF Marvin Bagley (16) / Javin DeLaurier (16) / Gary Trent (8)
PF Wendell Carter (16) / Marvin Bagley (16) / Javin DeLaurier (8)
C Marques Bolden (20) / Wendell Carter (16) / Antonio Vrankovic (4)

Totals:

Duval 36
Allen 36
Bagley 32
Carter 32
DeLaurier 24
Bolden 20
Trent 16
Vrankovic 4
Goldwire 0
O'Connell 0
White 0
Tucker 0
Robinson 0

This should be considered final until the 2nd close game of the season, in which K will go back to smallball-only.

We are going to have a much improved defense. That's alot of length and athleticism 3-5.

Plus Tricky Tre can potentially lock down guards much better than Frank or Luke did since he's an actual point.

Minutes projections are my bat signal:

Duval 35/Allen 5
Allen 32/Trent 8
Bagley 27/Trent 13
Carter 15/DeL 20/Bagley 5
Bolden 20/Carter 15/Vrank 5

Allen 37
Duval 35
Bagley 32
Carter 30
Trent 21
Bolden 20
DeL 20
Tucker 5
Vrank 5

We'll have a solidified 7 man rotation with Tucker, Vrank or maybe O'Connell being the 8th man depending on matchups. I think we'll play a consistent 8 man rotation but that 8th guy changes game to game if that makes sense.

Allen 19pts, 3.5rebs, 3.5asts
Bagley 17pts, 7rebs, 1.5blks
Carter 13pts, 9rebs, 1blk
Duval 11pts, 6.5asts, 1.5stls
Trent 9pts, 2rebs
Bolden 6pts, 5rebs
DeL 5pts, 5rebs

That's 81pts. Give or take another 4-5 between the bench guys.

Watched some of K's press conference today, and it's clear from his comments that Javin's part of the regular rotation and has impressed. He also said that they will play him as both a big and "on the perimeter", which I guess means as the opposite of a stretch-4 (a pack-3?).

He also said he believes Javin is a future pro, with which I agree. He did not add "Marques, however, is not a future pro", with which I would have also agreed.

That is pretty encouraging to read. Would love to see Javin earn/command a regular spot in the rotation.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom