Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jack White

rhfarmer

Legend
Thought it was a good idea to consolidate all of our posts regarding Coach K's latest indication of his senility.

He's no Olek, but guy actually dunks everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, though I've been a little mystified by this pickup, he looks pretty good.

It's nice that we're at least getting some smallball-conducive depth as opposed to more useless post depth. The only thing I don't like is that he seems best suited, to me, to play the same position as Javin -- stretch 4. That said, I think he'll be hard not to play just because he's 220 or so and looks like he actually plays strong. Our team next year might need some of that, with Marshall gone, and likely Grayson, who might be our two most physical guys this year. I want him to be Matt Harpring -- or even like a 1/3 of Matt Harpring, but the same kind of pounding/rebounding/face-up skill set.

On the FIBA website he's listed as 6'4, I take it he's grown a couple of inches?

I mean, for the "Sixth man" of our recruiting class, and one who missed the two months of summer workouts and lifting (a la Thornton), I think White's looked pretty impressive. He's stronger than I thought he'd be as a freshman, doesn't try to do too much with the ball, has a nice stroke, and seems to be improving on defense each time out. I still think his game at the college level will ultimately borrow a lot from the Matt Harpring playbook.

childress22 said:
I mean, for the "Sixth man" of our recruiting class, and one who missed the two months of summer workouts and lifting (a la Thornton), I think White's looked pretty impressive. He's stronger than I thought he'd be as a freshman, doesn't try to do too much with the ball, has a nice stroke, and seems to be improving on defense each time out. I still think his game at the college level will ultimately borrow a lot from the Matt Harpring playbook.

Yeah, he's looked so much better than any video of him indicated. He's been a solid rebounder and his 3 point shot looks really nice. Like DeLaurier, I'm pretty excited to see how he develops. He's seems strong as hell now, I can't imagine what he'll be after a season or two in the weight room. Just a really pleasant surprise so far.

(after next week, we probably won't see him play again this season, unless on the floor with Pags and Vrank)

We need more Jack White!

But probably should be doing this from the Duke bench, since that's where he'll be for 38.5 minutes of the game

We often forget that Jack White is on track to have the greatest advanced stats season in Duke history.

19 minutes
30.2 PER
22% usage
148 ORtg
91 DRtg
76.9% TS

Doing this without even attempting a 3.

#FreeWhite

LOL. Only the Duke coaches can contain him

deepdarkblue said:

We need more Jack White!

But probably should be doing this from the Duke bench, since that's where he'll be for 38.5 minutes of the game

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30