Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2016-2017

I hate having to stay off the internet and sports radio for three weeks whenever we lose in the first weekend.

11 seed Loyola Marymount scored 85 second half points (65 1st) against 3 seed Michigan 27 years ago yesterday.

That team was a blast to watch.

If one of the top programs played that style today, it would land any recruit it wanted.

Most underachieving team relative to talent of all time. Least we don't have to torture ourselves watching this team play below its competition anymore.

I can't believe we held one 20+ lead in 2.5 months against power five teams. That's incredibly difficult to do except for the absolute bottom feeders.

This season was so disappointing that I didn't even get any texts or facebook messages giving me shit about the loss. In a normal year, I'm getting around 10 or so minimum. Least favorite Duke team ever.

I hate having to become a damn hermit for the week or two after duke loses. No social media, no college sports tv, no news sites, no sports related websites obviously, no local news. In fact a lot of the internet is just not habitable. Essentially only exercising and reading books. And even then someone being snarky about the loss still manages to sneak in there.

I actually missed a good chunk of the game because my 2 year old son has had a fever all weekend and flipped out so we took him to the hospital, but once we got there he calmed down and seemed like he was getting better. Came home for the very end seemingly fine, and he then vomited all over me. Pretty much summed up the season.

I'm glad I quit watching at halftime. Judging by the boxscore, the second half looked just like the first, only SC made more of their many, many shot attempts.

Terrible season, capped off by a spate of false hope to ramp up the disappointment level.

rome8180 said:
Best reply.

Doesn't his dad own the Celtics? I am sure that he could arrange a minimum contract and play the human cigar role.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30