Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2016-2017

StopThePumpFakesShav

All American
It's time to turn the page. What a successful last two seasons. The last three National Title games have seen a Kentucky loss, followed by a Duke win, followed by a UNC loss.

Below is Rob Dauster's too-early Top 25, updated to reflect Josh Jackson's commitment to KU. I've bolded definite opponents and italicized potential opponents- basically one of the Big 10 teams on the road and one of Cinci/URI. Important to note that the below assumes that Villanova, Oregon and UNC return all of their non-seniors.

1. Duke
2. Kentucky
3. Kansas
4. Villanova
5. Oregon
6. Michigan State
7. Virginia
8. North Carolina (2X)
9. Arizona
10. Louisville
11. Wisconsin
12. USC
13. Texas
14. Gonzaga
15. Xavier
16. Syracuse
17. West Virginia
18. Indiana
19. UCLA
20. Florida State
21. Maryland
22. Dayton
23. Rhode Island (either them or #25 Cincinnati in Mohegan Sun)
24. Virginia Tech
25. Cincinnati (see #23 above)

ALSO CONSIDERED

Creighton
Saint Mary’s
Purdue
Texas A&M
Wichita State
Miami
UConn

How does that list exclude Seton Hall? If Whitehead returns they're probably a top 10 team.

Seton Hall isn't in the CBS one either. They are 21 in ESPN, but ESPN indicates he's more likely than not to leave.

thewiseben said:
I'd like to have us schedule a home-and-away every year with UVA at this point. Ups our degree of difficulty dramatically and adds a meaningful rivalry instead of one of our other NC teams. Let's be honest, who really wants to see us play Wake or NCSU twice a year?

Come on, Wake and NCSU need a sold out arena once a year, ben, have a heart.

thewiseben said:
I'd like to have us schedule a home-and-away every year with UVA at this point. Ups our degree of difficulty dramatically and adds a meaningful rivalry instead of one of our other NC teams. Let's be honest, who really wants to see us play Wake or NCSU twice a year?

I feel like our schedule always ends up top 15 nationally at worst. Why do we need more difficulty in the regular season ? At some point it just becomes too many potential losses and hurts seeding.

I think we will always play unc and wake 2x and then two other acc teams (chosen by the conference) twice. The conference usually makes at least one of our home and always a top tier team. This year, we got Lville and State.

The ACC should have a sort of relegation system where the bottom two teams do not play any other teams in the ACC schedule the following season. They just play each other 18 times. Winner of the season series gets to participate in the ACC Tournament. If the season series is tied, they play a tie-breaker for all the marbles - this should take place at night in Wembley Stadium, with the winner's next game being the next afternoon in the U.S., in the 1st round of the ACC Tournament.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
The ACC should have a sort of relegation system where the bottom two teams do not play any other teams in the ACC schedule the following season. They just play each other 18 times. Winner of the season series gets to participate in the ACC Tournament. If the season series is tied, they play a tie-breaker for all the marbles - this should take place at night in Wembley Stadium, with the winner's next game being the next afternoon in the U.S., in the 1st round of the ACC Tournament.

No, no one wants to watch those awful teams. The conference and the networks wouldn't stand for it, revenue losses would be astronomical.

Since it's a given that the bottom two teams can't play basketball anyway, they should instead compete in something that people would actually want to watch - some sort of week long Hunger Games/Running Man/Jeopardy!/Naked and Afraid competition.

Unfortunately Devin Thomas has graduated, otherwise I would be all for a Hunger Games-type scenario.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

I like this idea. I think the Jags and Titans should somehow be involved too.

thewiseben said:
Hmm, I think they should just be demoted to men's volleyball teams. Maybe dodge ball.
Fuck off.

Putting aside the actual important issue (the law itself), we are better off playing the first round out of state anyway, especially if unc is in the same building.

The lack of punctuation made me think nc stank was referring to NCSU but then realized they aren't in the NCAAT often enough for anyone to be upset over them not being able to play those games in NC.

This could be a big deal for GT, especially wrt in-state recruiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Abu wants out of NC State in the worst way. Has said he will either transfer or hire an agent. Dsj is going to be pg off a dumpster fire.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back