Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

Coach K thought Bolden gave Duke a big lift in the second half.

Is this an actual thing? He said that?

The up and down was amazing. No words. Pretty much the entire Bolden experience in a 2-second capsule.

Yeah, they did a little one-on-one thing with Ham Head and K at halftime and I made pee pee in my pants when K said something to the effect of "and Bagley, Carter, and Bolden will all be playing in the NBA (and then he said either next year or soon, don't remember which cuz I was reaching for clean undies when I heard "Bolden")

Coach K thought Bolden gave Duke a big lift in the second half.

Is this an actual thing? He said that?

The up and down was amazing. No words. Pretty much the entire Bolden experience in a 2-second capsule.

Yeah, they did a little one-on-one thing with Ham Head and K at halftime and I made pee pee in my pants when K said something to the effect of "and Bagley, Carter, and Bolden will all be playing in the NBA (and then he said either next year or soon, don't remember which cuz I was reaching for clean undies when I heard "Bolden")

I don’t have anything to add that hasn’t already been said, but for as much as this board talks about penises I believe this is the first time the phrase “I made pee pee in my pants” has been used. Anything is possible. Thank you, Marques.

He went his first 10 minutes (of 12) without a rebound and still played the best he has in a long time.

Considering that Bolden was grabbing his back after he reached up for a rebound, I'm assuming he's done until the conference tournament starts. Just in time to wreck the rotation.

It is so cringe worthy to look back on the Spring when there were reports at how improved Bolden was and that he was going to be the starting center.

This is a tough fan base to please. Bolden has (kinda, sorta) been a bright spot for me this year. I think it's cool that he stuck it out after a nightmarish freshman season and he seems to be playing hard and enjoying himself. Given how many malcontents and transfers we've had over the years, that's no small thing.

I wonder if sometime over the summer or early fall, he readjusted his realistic expectation as a surefire future NBA player to a player that *might* make it after developing 3-4 years in school?

I could see him getting real down on himself after dominating midgets in HS and then proceeding to be massively overwhelmed against college talent, who he thought were his peers. Maybe he's accepted that he's not nearly at the level of talent he thought he was, and he's okay with it now.

Last edited:
I think that Bolden is going to be senior Miles by the end of this year. He will average 6 and 5 with 1.5 blocks in 15mpg and then will slip into the back of the 1st round of the draft. Its about to click for him.

The coaches should be giving him every chance to succeed and we should be doing the same in our minds, because we're going to need him throughout the season, likely in an NCAAT game when Bagley and Carter are in foul trouble against a good decent-sized team. However, his numbers are still gross so far this season.

He's blocking shots, which is nice, though the level of competition has been such that you expect a lot of blocked shots by 7-footers. Carter and DeLaurier are putting up historic blocked shot rates for Duke players. He's still an unbelievably terrible defensive rebounder, which is very disappointing if you thought last season may have been a fluke in that regard; apparently, it was not. Doesn't pass at all; 2.9% assist rate must be among the worst in Duke history. Shooting 40% from the floor against mostly midgets and 50% from the line.

I like that he's still here and still trying. Doesn't change that he has a lot of improvement needed before he can be a positive on the court. Miles Plumlee was a 17% O / 23% D rebounder as a senior. That comparison is simply not there. Bolden is 12% O / 9.1% D so far. What's scary, as I mentioned, is that this is so closely in line with last season's 11% O / 8.3% D, despite a greater portion of his minutes being against small teams this season compared with all of last season. He may simply be a giant who cannot rebound, which is awful.

It is so cringe worthy to look back on the Spring when there were reports at how improved Bolden was and that he was going to be the starting center.

I actually think Bolden is a lot better this year. It's just that the starting point was so laughably low.

I don't see it, at least yet. He was terrible in the one game we played against a decent front-court. Furman's front court of a 6'8 and 6'7 player in an offense built around guards isn't a good indicator at all of Bolden's progress.

Marqueef tries, but just doesn't seem to be a natural. I don't know how ranking services can be so off about someone.

He did seem to be very active defensively on one sequence. He was on the perimeter moving his feet like a mad man and Furman was forced to throw up a shot with the shot clock expiring. I sensed everyone in attendance was ready to give him a standing ovation.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back