Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

Didn't want to play any games without Bags, and K knows he can't have a surgery during the season, because we have a really good team that can win it all.
That's an incredibly charitable take on this whole story.

Exactly, just have Capel lead the trip. Good experience for all the coaches and players. Now they start the season with everyone resenting K because he cancelled their Caribbean vacation.

It's so weird. He says it's a positive they've canceled the trip so now the team can be at full strength when the season starts. I don't get it. Also, by sending Capel instead, you get the 7 extra practices, which they can't have now.

Is the silver lining that this doesn't count as their once per X years preseason trip?

That's the only semi-reasonable explanation I can think of for doing this... but even then, I'd be fucking pissed if I was a player.

This is such bullshit. I don't want to see him coaching in a wheelchair just to stay on the sidelines.

Last edited:
Didn't want to play any games without Bags, and K knows he can't have a surgery during the season, because we have a really good team that can win it all.
That's an incredibly charitable take on this whole story.
I didn't read the poster's name when I first read this post. I assumed it was a tongue-in-cheek take by SMTTEM or another of the old guard.

At this point, the best case scenario for Coach K and the program is to have a very good next season, (FF would be nice) at least make the second weekend, sign a recruiting class of Jones-Garland-Barrett and a couple of others, and then have Coach K retire and Capel slide into the spot.

Frankly appalled by the loss of faith on this board. Still the GOAT. All of the very minor physical and mental deterioration he suffers won't make him anything less than the best coach in the world, in any sport, on any level, until he's at least 100+ years old. We have 30+ years left. Sit back and enjoy.

Frankly appalled by the loss of faith on this board. Still the GOAT. All of the very minor physical and mental deterioration he suffers won't make him anything less than the best coach in the world, in any sport, on any level, until he's at least 100+ years old. We have 30+ years left. Sit back and enjoy.

You're right, I think we're all overreacting.

Thank you for being the voice of reason, rising above our hysterical cries.

The DR is about as easy as it gets if you are going to another country. Same time zone, maybe a 3 hour flight from Durham, honeys everywhere.

I just saw this.

Is Kyrie explaining Flat Earth theories to the kids, while Jiggy teaches them the fundamentals of Duke post play?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back