Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2017-2018

rhfarmer said:
I really see Roy slowing the tempo, spreading the floor with his snipers and going ultra small, think Pinson spends some time at the 5, a la Singler.

I think early on in the season Roy is going to give two of those freshman bigs every opportunity to make an impact- he's not going to just start with small ball, but he will I think get into it eventually. Roy will adjust but fresh off of a National Championship, and with no chance of winning it all next season, he may take the long game approach here try to find a balance of developing those project big men and just getting into the Tournament. It's probably the wise approach, instead of doing what K would do which would be to maximize the regular season win total playing 7 guys while 5 rot on the bench. Duke floats in and around the top 10 all year, gets a nice seed because they over achieved in the regular season, and then flames out in the Tournament because they never had a chance to win it all.

but Roy will definitely adjust- he played a lot of VERY perimeter oriented offense in his early days at Kansas.

If we don't sweep UNC assuming we have no major injuries I'm going to be pretty pissed about it. There is no reason at all why we don't A.) sweep and B.) win one of the games by double digits.

Also, if Bolden isn't a turd again next season, it should be nice to finally win the battle inside against UNC on the boards and in the paint. It was pretty helpless the last couple of seasons watching us get bent over underneath so many possessions in a row.

Why did you care about losing the "battle inside"? We've still won the vast majority of our recent games against them. Heck, we got outrebounded by 30 in 2016 and still barely lost.

Imagine the pace and space UNC is going to run with this roster. Cam Johnson unlocks this possibility for Roy. Unstoppable, clear favorite to be repeat champs, IMO.

PG Joel Berry (32) / Jalek Felton (8)
SG Jalek Felton (20) / Kenny Williams (16) / Andrew Platek (4)
SF Cam Johnson (24) / Seventh Woods (8) / Brandon Robinson (8)
PF Theo Pinson (32) / Cam Johnson (8)
C Luke Maye (28) / Garrison Brooks (4) / Brandon Huffman (4) / Sterling Manley (4)

And Roy already has a 2018 rising star PG locked in, in case Felton does the unthinkable and goes OAD, or gets hurt, or gets kicked out of school.

Roy's rolling. Sad.

The best possible news story to emerge right now would be something like Ben Lammers wanting to go to Duke and Pastner saying he can't.

mX8t316.jpeg

I wonder if he'd have made this such a crusade if UNC were not involved.

rome8180 said:
I wonder if he'd have made this such a crusade if UNC were not involved.

Jay pretty consistently advocates for freedom of movement of players, I think that he would have been similarly supportive of Cam going anywhere.

Pitt has caved, he is eligible for the upcoming season. They still have a big hole in the frontcourt but this puts them back in the top 10, maybe knocking on the door of the top 5.

Have to hope Johnson, who seems to be an (effective) one trick pony, pulls a Matt Jones and dips to 33 percent from 3 or something.

I wouldn't go so far as to say top 5. Where is their scoring going to come from besides Berry and Johnson? I guess Maye and Pinson are probably good for low double figures. But to me, the biggest question is if Roy can move away from his reliance on his frontcourt.

Without Johnson, I seriously thought they might be only borderline top 25 with the possibility of falling out of it.

I thought the exact same thing in regards to making me like him.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back