Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I am an idiot

I didn't see any. I think there was one last year. There don't seem to be many black people who want to drop 10k to hang out with a bunch of old, fat, white dudes for a week.

How come there aren't ever any women? If they wanted to participate, would K let them?

physicsfactor said:
Was there a single black guy man who wasn't a former or current player?
I think this is going to be my racial code from now on. "This team doesn't have enough guy men."

rome8180 said:
https://accsports.com/acc-news/basketball/duke-basketball-season-success/

Alternate title for this article, "Homer Spin on a Disappointing Season."

"The end of Duke’s season, of course, left its fanbase wanting more."

Actually, I believe this is the exact opposite of what we wanted.

I've been meaning to officially do this for a while now. May Thornton have mercy on my soul.

Is there any reason to think Bolden won't be an efficient player though? Just because he's skilled doesn't mean he's going to demand a bunch of isos.

I'm starting to think he's just a really underrated prospect. Athletic bigs with 9'4.5" reaches who also have skill/hands/touch and aren't raw, clumsy Biyombo types don't exactly grow on trees. Diamond Stone and Dakari Johnson were both in the 7-10 RSCI range, and Bolden seems like a significantly better prospect than either of them to me, based on measurements and skill set. The 7-10 range seems about right to me.

I mean, could he even be better than Okafor at the things we want from a big? He's significantly longer and more athletic, and seems to protect the rim and box out well. He doesn't have Okafor's overwhelming ass for post-ups, but I'm not sure how much that matters.

I feel like we're going to get to a point next season where Tatum is missing garbage fadeways, Giles is an unremarkable garbageman, Jackson is going 1-8 from 3 (if alive), and we're all thanking Jesus for perfect Bolden holding our team together by being the perfect college big man.

Physically, I think he's clearly a better prospect than Okafor (2" higher standing reach, slightly taller, same wingspan, slightly less strong/fat, looks like a much better athlete). It kind of comes down to whether you think Okafor's team-hurting post offense offsets all that...

It's going to be so fun to have the biggest, scariest person on the court in every game... and have him basically be an afterthought.

Updates for everyone that missed the [McD] game - we are now:
1. Completely enamored with Bolden

Found this from summer of 2015 while I was looking though, which I intended as a joke at the time. .. crazy how we basically ended up with an upgraded version of this lineup.

I'd be okay with just giving up on multi-year players entirely and accepting commitments from 7-8 of the top 10 every year from here on out. Let K have his fun and pile up the future all-stars.

2018 title:

PG - Duval
SG - Trent
SF - Bagley
PF - Bamba
C - Carter

We were recruiting all those guys in 2015? I thought Bagley was still 2018 back then

I'm going to misuse this thread while the K Academy is going on.

Dude wearing #78 here - just, no, man. You got a physique that screams "Hawaiian shirts!!"

One of my pet peeves - fat people who believe they look sharp if they just keep their shirttails tucked in. No. Stop it.

#78 hahaha

"excuse me, waiter... can you bring us some more rolls? then go ahead and bring another basket after that one."

Have been watching the Olympics in the background for the past hour or so, and was growing increasingly annoyed at how bad NBC's presentation was. Specifically, they had some director's commentary-type guy who kept on jumping in over what was happening to say things like "Mike Tirico interviews Caleb Dressel" and "[runner shown] is in lane 5". Seemed like a really bad version of NFL Red Zone or something.

It wasn't until this bush league Chris Hanson (aka the accessibility stream's overdub guy) said "Caleb is sporting stylish glasses" that I realized I belonged back in this dumb thread.

Was moving an adjustable ladder in bare feet tonight and half of it smashed straight down a few feet right into the top of my foot and 3rd/4th toes. Excruciating.

As a bonus, I got too excited in the TJ's frozen section this week, and had to dump all my ice out to make room for the haul. Been icing my foot with cauliflower for the last couple hours.

Not even sure if I should try to get an X-ray if it's still bad in a couple days. Do they even do anything for broken middle toes?

Edit: forgot this thread was on the bball board. Feels like it deserves a permanent spot on the banana stand.

Last edited:
TJ's frozen section is amazing. Shockingly cheap. Easily my favorite grocery store.

If you have space for it, you should get a secondary freezer. I have one. Love it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back