Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coach of the Year

dkst0426

All American
Cutcliffe named Walter Camp National Coach of the Year

david-cutcliffe-duke-coach-of-the-year.jpg

David Cutcliffe found a way to win a school-record 10 games at Duke and get the team to the ACC Championship Game. This is no small feat. And the Walter Camp Foundation noticed, naming Cutcliffe its National Coach of the Year on Thursday. Cutcliffe was also named coach of the year in the ACC for the second straight season earlier this week.

After winning the ACC award, Cutcliffe released a statement, saying:

“(I’m) very appreciative of our staff and all of the support people that surround Duke football,” Cutcliffe said in a statement. “It’s the best group of people, including the entire Duke football family — best group of people I’ve been around.”

Glad to see the conference and national recognition.

Well deserved, get that statue built already.

Finalist along with Malzahn and Pinkel for the Maxwell award.

Fun while it lasted. No way Cut turns down the chance to coach a good ACC team.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is almost comical to me that Louisville would think he would leave for them. I mean he didn't leave for Tennessee where he has family and knows people. Why the fuck would he leave for Louisville?

I mean Cut, atleast go 11-1 next year then throw yourself around a little.

One more:

Cutcliffe Earns AFCA National COY Honors
Duke head football coach David Cutcliffe has been named the 2013 National Coach of the Year by the American Football Coaches Association, announced on Monday at the organization’s annual convention in Indianapolis, Ind.

The national coach of the year honor is the fifth this season for Cutcliffe, who also received top accolades from the Bobby Dodd Foundation, Maxwell Football Club, Walter Camp Foundation and Sporting News.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30