Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The ACC

Wake has actually looked really good the last couple of weeks. I think we have a much better chance of beating State at home than Wake on the road. We should probably be favored in the State game, but may be underdogs in the rest of them.

No bowl ban for Miami Hurricanes
Thanks to "unprecedented" self-imposed sanctions, the Miami Hurricanes escaped additional harsh penalties from the NCAA as the Nevin Shapiro scandal presumably drew to a close Tuesday.

The Miami football program will not face any additional bowl bans, clearing the way for the No. 7 Hurricanes (6-0) to participate in the postseason this year. Miami will lose three scholarships annually over the next three years and the entire athletic program has been placed on three years' probation.

Additionally, the basketball program will lose three scholarships. Former Miami men's basketball coach Frank Haith, currently the head coach at Missouri, will be suspended five games. Former assistant coaches Jorge Fernandez (basketball), Clint Hurtt (football) and Aubrey Hill (football) will receive two-year show-cause penalties.

Miami had already self-imposed bowl bans over the last two years, keeping the Hurricanes out of the ACC title game in 2012. Those self-imposed sanctions, along with complete cooperation during the prolonged NCAA investigation into widespread allegations, helped Miami avoid additional major penalties.

This essentially means unc will get a hand job from the NCAA

Wake Forest absolutely dominating the 7th best team in the country in Miami. No turnovers, simply outplaying them.

Duke is not going to win that game at Wake. It's NCSU or bust.

Miami - FSU looks to be the only interesting game today, and that will probably be over by halftime.

physicsfactor said:
Miami - FSU looks to be the only interesting game today, and that will probably be over by halftime.

There's gonna be a nice pig pickin' at 6:00 if I recall correctly

Michigan vs Michigan State...duh.

Not ACC, but a good game today.

I can't ever decide if I like or dislike the Carrier Dome. It definitely beats some stadiums, but it's still a dome. I guess it's a cool novelty.

NC State's best LB disqualified for leading with his shoulder pad.

Rollins said:
physicsfactor said:

There's gonna be a nice pig pickin' at 6:00 if I recall correctly
At 5:00 but yes, that will get ugly quickly. I'll watch it until the FSU game comes on. Should be at least a half, so Auburn will be up 42-3 at that point.

State and UNC are both beatable, Wake loses their best player (campanaro to a broken collarbone). The time is now.

Miami has basically looked like shit all year from my view, even with their record. I've can't even consider the possibility that they would win this without some crazy fluke bounces.

Yeah, I bet they get killed.

Looks like it would have been BCE if Duke lost to VPI last week.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back