Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College football (non-Duke)

NOD

All American
Figured we needed this.

Fresh off his DUI, Casey Pachall is heading to a treatment facility. Looks like TCU's hopes of doing a fucking thing this year are now shot.

This is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is most definitely the only awesome thing that occurred in that stadium that evening.

Speaking of South Carolina, what do you guys think they'll do over the next two weeks?

bfactor said:
Speaking of South Carolina, what do you guys think they'll do over the next two weeks?

Win vs LSU

Loss vs Fla

bfactor said:

lose to LSU

win vs Florida

It's SC, choking is what they do.

Rollins said:
bfactor said:

lose to LSU

win vs Florida

It's SC, choking is what they do.

LSU just doesn't have an offense. Like, none.

I just think of LSU as one of those teams that rises to the occasion when they are the underdog.

Also, playing on the road against Vandy and Kentucky is a different animal than Baton Rouge. Especially for a first year QB.

Rollins said:
I just think of LSU as one of those teams that rises to the occasion when they are the underdog.

Also, playing on the road against Vandy and Kentucky is a different animal than Baton Rouge. Especially for a first year QB.

Shaw is 11-1 as a starter for SC.

Zach, OTOH, is just terrible.

People are whispering that Gene Chizik is out if Auburn only finishes with 2 more wins. Why, despite a national championship two seasons ago. IMO, it's because people can win at Auburn. 3 different undefeated seasons in the last 20 years by 3 different coaches. There's kind of an ugly culture of out with the old and in with the new at Auburn when it comes to football coaches. At the very least, it will be almost impossible to justify keeping OC Scott Loeffer around whose transition of Auburn to a pro-style offense, only has Auburn as the 113th ranked offense in the country.

They have New Mexico State and Alabama a&m left to play and currently sit at 1-4.

More than likely Auburn will win one of the next two games, both away at Ole Miss and Vanderbilt.

If Auburn loses out in the SEC it will be the 2nd season in a row that the team has quit on the coaches. Fairly telling.

Auburn has six 5* recruits on the roster.

I was never sold on Chizik as a coach to be totally honest. Cam Newton was the most dangerous offensive threat in college football since Vince Young, and he had one of the most disruptive college defensive lineman who was almost on par with Suh in Fairley. There was other talent on that team (it was a well built team) but Newton and Fairley were dominant players. I would give Chizik one more year unless Auburn totally goes into the shitter this year.

Rollins said:
People are whispering that Gene Chizik is out if Auburn only finishes with 2 more wins. Why, despite a national championship two seasons ago. IMO, it's because people can win at Auburn. 3 different undefeated seasons in the last 20 years by 3 different coaches. There's kind of an ugly culture of out with the old and in with the new at Auburn when it comes to football coaches. At the very least, it will be almost impossible to justify keeping OC Scott Loeffer around whose transition of Auburn to a pro-style offense, only has Auburn as the 113th ranked offense in the country.

They have New Mexico State and Alabama a&m left to play and currently sit at 1-4.

More than likely Auburn will win one of the next two games, both away at Ole Miss and Vanderbilt.

If Auburn loses out in the SEC it will be the 2nd season in a row that the team has quit on the coaches. Fairly telling.

Auburn has six 5* recruits on the roster.

None of this surprises me. I personally think Chizik is a pretty poor coach, but the 'grass is always greener' sentiment among the Auburn fanbase is no different than just about every other SEC fanbase. Hell, the 'Fire Richt' movement at UGA has reached a fever pitch at this point.

The question, of course, is who would they grab as a coach. Like all SEC fanbases, AU fans will think that they can pull a great coach from a great situation -- Holgorson from WVU will probably be the name that you'd end up hearing the most, followed by Charlie Strong I'd imagine. And it would just be tooooo uncomfortable for them to even entertain the thought of trying to grab Kirby from Bama (though I think he'll be a helluva hire in the next couple of yrs for somebody -- I'm personally hoping UGA, of course...).

In the end, though, I don't think that they'd be happy at all with whoever came in to replace him.

I agree about Chizik being a poor coach.

You can only recruit and hire the right people for so long when you don't really have a grasp of either one of your offensive or defensive systems.

Holgorsen is too much offense for Auburn. Auburn has played a boring brand of football through all of time until Gus Malzahn.

I'm still of the opinion that Chizik can't do anything to get fired this season, short of losing out.

NOD, what would it take for Richt to get the can. Because like you said, Kirby is as ripe as he's ever going to be.

Rollins said:
I agree about Chizik being a poor coach.

You can only recruit and hire the right people for so long when you don't really have a grasp of either one of your offensive or defensive systems.

Holgorsen is too much offense for Auburn. Auburn has played a boring brand of football through all of time until Gus Malzahn.

I'm still of the opinion that Chizik can't do anything to get fired this season, short of losing out.

NOD, what would it take for Richt to get the can. Because like you said, Kirby is as ripe as he's ever going to be.

I'm not going to pretend that I can read the minds of the PTB in Athens.

But, if Richt loses to Fla in one of the most advantageous scheduling years in UGA fb history; in a year when we have literally more than a half dozen high draft pick candidates on both sides of the ball; and, as the cherry on top, the OBC were to take South Carolina to its first SEC Championship (yes, I do believe they can beat Bama with that front 4).

If all that were to happen, buyout amounts wouldn't matter. Richt would be gone. Bobo would be gone. Grantham would be gone.

aiw said:
Clowney is a monster

The scary part is that it's not just Clowney.

Devin Taylor is 6-fucking-8, and a badass.

Jeridau is unbelievably mobile, and (I think) will make a lot of money in the League one day.

Then you add kids like Quarles and the other guys, and there is truly nothing you can fucking do to stop all of them.
Reminds me of some of the DL's that Steve had in his Fla heyday, with guys like Kevin Carter and Jevon Kearse.

Spurrier knows what you need in a defense, and, oh BTW, no chance Lorenzo Ward doesn't get a HC job in the next 5 years.

rhfarmer said:
Wasn't Chizik considered a weird hire to being with?

Yes.

Auburn's athletic director, Jay Jacobs was in love with him when Chizik was the DC on the 2004 undefeated team.

Chizik left Iowa State in a mess. The current Auburn team is starting to resemble a similar looking mess.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back