Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Yeah, minutes discrepancies could make sense, since Gobert doesn't play as much as a lot of other stars. That could also help explain why Leonard's behind Harden though he has an ORating of 121 (3 higher than Harden), DRtg of 101 (6 lower than Harden), and his team has 7 more wins than Rockets.

Marshall Plumlee saved the best for last in his rookie year: 14 pts, 11 rebs and a block tonight against the 76ers.

Also hitting their season-highs tonight:

Ryan Kelly with 8 (2-2 beyond the arc).
Dahntay Jones with 9 (in his first game of the year).

Edited to add: Also, Tyus had a career-high 17 points plus 7 assists tonight!

The annual definitive report on which players were good this season:

Ingram makes his 2nd team all-rookie team, along with the likes of Rodney McGruder.

Ingram and Chriss were hard to evaluate. They played more than most rookies, but they walked into those minutes on teams trying to lose. They contributed to that losing. How do you weigh that against Yogi Ferrell shooting almost 41 percent from 3 for a Mavs team that flirted with playoff contention before wheezing into submission? Or Taurean Prince surging late into a starting role for an actual playoff team? Or Domantas Sabonis serving as a placeholder starter on a good team until a trade brought in someone better?

In the end, I just liked the way Ingram played more than I did Chriss. Ingram's hideous shooting numbers ticked up over the last month, and he was better at blending into the Lakers' system. He never forced the action, or sped out of control. He's a good passer, he cuts, and he can run a workable pick-and-roll. He tries on defense, and his long arms can be a real deterrent.

Chriss has better stats, and he's going to be good. But he spent most of the season sort of running around with no idea what was happening -- especially on defense, where he was chronically confused and out of position. The Suns were right to play him: He learned on the court, and helped sabotage their season.

This is my favorite part:

Bradley is a strange case, again. He looks like one of the best on-ball defenders in the league. He probably is.

But every stinking year, advanced numbers of all stripes spit out evidence that he simply isn't as good as his reputation. I once chalked that up to his paltry counting numbers, but Bradley amped up his rebounding this season for a Boston team that badly needs help on the glass.

I wonder if it might be his size. Bradley is listed at 6-2, and can't traverse as many positions as Crowder and Smart. He may not be quite as threatening flying to contest shots. Something is going on.

Every year, the masses think of someone as a great defender because he looks the part, whether it's in college or in the NBA, and when shown the numbers that say otherwise, the masses say the numbers lie, because eyes. I wish everyone took Lowe's approach in cases like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read some terrible news. Isaiah thomas' young sister was killed in a car crash today. 22 years old.

Didn't get the full Calipari coaching experience, so that's why he turned out poorly on defense.

Westbrook took 12 straight shots in the 4th quarter??? 4-18 in the 4th. Jesus I would hate playing with him.

CK86 said:
Westbrook took 12 straight shots in the 4th quarter??? 4-18 in the 4th. Jesus I would hate playing with him.

I tried watching the game but Westbrook made it unwatchable. Zero ball movement, dumb-ass jumpers. It's like if Jayson Tatum was running point the entire game.

Javale McGee with another big night, 14 pts, 4 rebounds in 16 minutes. Had a really nasty alley oop finish that sparked the 3rd quarter run. 3-0 in the series, hope they rest KD at least one more game.

Mike Brown likely to coach rest of the playoffs.

Lue-Brown finals matchup will be without question the worst coaching duo to ever play each other in the finals.

Didn't realize Kerr was that sick. Been a tale of injuries last 2 postseasons.

Interesting first round so far. Jazz-Clippers and Boston-Chicago seem likely to go to 7 games (and I suspect the home team will win both). Cavs-Pacers was like Cavs-Detroit last year in that it was a sweep while somehow having competitive games. Milwaukee-Toronto, Washington-Atlanta, and San Antonio-Memphis all look competitive too.

The NHL playoff elimination threads on Reddit are so much more savage and upvoted than the NBA threads. Hockey fans really hate their rival teams, holy shit.

In NBA, I guess the relative apathy is somewhat due to everyone understanding the Warriors are winning this thing, and everything leading up to that point is purely extra entertainment for us, so we're thankful no matter what happens. I think it's mostly due to simply not having rivals.

Bottom 3 are either Dukies or players who embarrassed Duke.

Conclusion: Dook suckz

It's still such a weird concept to me that people who played at the highest level can hold dumber opinions about the sport than message board nobodies.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom