Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Video Games

This is an enormous deal, if Microsoft keeps finding a way to put all these AAA titles on their game pass service, DAY ONE no less, I don’t see a way Sony can compete in the long term, at least in domestic markets. The dwindling number of exclusives isn’t going to justify the growing value difference. This is a degree of industry disruption on level with a unicorn startup, but being deployed by a two trillion dollar company.

Last edited:
I bought a Switch during the pandemic solely for Smash Bros, and ended up playing and enjoying Assassin's Creed and Sniper Elite so much that I've decided to put the rest of my GIF monopoly money towards an XBox or Playstation. Questions:

1. On FB marketplace, it looks like I could get an XBox One X for $200 or a PS4 Pro for $300. I do have a nice TV, and the internet seems to think the former is noticeably better performance-wise, even if it's not overly dramatic. Am I dumb for just getting the XBox and thus missing out on the Sony exclusives? I'd like to play a couple of them, but not convinced it's worth another $100 + inferior visuals on other games.

2. What are the best single-player games that grown-ups play? I seem to prefer the stealth/Ubisoft style games to pure FPSers, and was thinking I'd start with RDR2 and the newer Assassin's Creeds.

the online experience has always been preferable on xbox if you like playing with IRL friends.

i'm a little bummed about never getting around to ghost of tsushima and god of war as they are lauded as some of the best games of this generation and play station exclusives.

RDR2 is where you should start though. basically a perfect solo experience for people with normal attention spans.

Id recommend Horizon Zero Dawn and Marvel’s Spiderman game. Both incredible with a very low barrier to entry. Both are super easy to pick up and fun as hell.

Shameless plug, but you should really get a Quest 2. Games are taking off in VR now that there are 10M + headsets, the AAA developers are moving over from console-only work. Should explode in available content by a year from now, can't wait to see what they do.

Also, Horizon Venues, we can watch NBA games together as though we are sitting at the scorer's table, it's pretty awesome now and due to get way better. Would totally spend a couple of hours screaming "game" with you all sometime.

Elden Ring is worth the hype it's receiving. the sense of enormity you get while exploring is so cool. i feel like a younger version of myself more susceptible to being amazed by a work of mass entertainment.

I'll probably get it eventually but I didn't want to buy full price on the chance that I hated it or got stuck on a boss(es) and just rage quit.

Plan to hit that up after the NCAAs. is it worth getting the next gen or will it be okay on an XBox One?

Plan to hit that up after the NCAAs. is it worth getting the next gen or will it be okay on an XBox One?

played it a week on xbox one and realized it was the push i needed to upgrade. bought a $300 series s and haven't looked back. zero buyer's remorse.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom