Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

Baby Driver at 98% RT with all major reviews in.

The House apparently isn't being shown to critics in advance, which is always a bad sign. Will Ferrell is full Adam Sandler mode.

Baby Driver was great. Lots of fun. Definitely need to see in a theater. Edgar Wright still batting 1.000.

The House has the best cast of any movie out now. Not talking about Will Ferrell, who I couldn't give a shit about atm.

It's basically a who's who of improv and indie comedy. Supposedly there are like 12+ hours of outtakes of stuff they just improvised.

I also would like to see "The Big Sick" with Kumail Nanjiani.

"War for the Planet of the Apes" has gotten great early reviews with a couple saying it's better than the second one which was my favorite movie of the year when it came out so I'm super excited for it.

Very upset that the new Spider-Man is getting such great reviews. I was hoping to skip this one. Every god damn Avengers universe movie is good. It's incredible what they've done starting with Iron Man.

22 movies in this arc, concluding with Infinity Wars parts I and II. 16 down, every one of them fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The next giant arc is supposedly going to be centered around the Secret Wars.

War for the Planet of the Apes is apparently the ultimate summer blockbuster. I wonder if it will get a few major category Oscar nominations/wins as a sort of lifetime achievement award like Return of the King did.

"War for Planet of the Apes" is the best movie I've seen this year. I fully expect "Dunkirk" to surpass it but damn what an incredible movie it was. I have so much more faith in the new Batman movie being good now that Matt Reeves is in charge of it after seeing him elevate the last two Planet of the Apes films.

I haven't read The Dark Tower series, so I was unaware of how bad this movie is going to be. It's a young-adult style continuation of the books, rather than being based on the books, with a black character who would have needed to be white to make any sense? Why do something this bad?

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I haven't read The Dark Tower series, so I was unaware of how bad this movie is going to be. It's a young-adult style continuation of the books, rather than being based on the books, with a black character who would have needed to be white to make any sense? Why do something this bad?
Even if you haven't read them, you can take one glance at the shitty dialogue, the terrible special effects, and the acting by the kid playing Jake and tell it's going to suck.

Never even heard of it. Anyone famous in it?

Here's A Ghost story trailer. Looks interesting and I guess it is if you have an open mind but it's just very very slow. People walked out of the theater. I can't remember the last movie I went to where that happened.

I haven't seen it but I heard there's a scene in which Rooney Mara just eats pie for 10 minutes. Is that true?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back