Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Since 2005 when New Orleans drafted Chris Paul, they've made the playoffs four times. They've made it out of the first round twice. During that time period, they've had one total season without one of Chris Paul, Anthony Davis, or Zion Williamson on their roster.

There's also the possibility that Zion is listening to some bad advice. I imagine a lot of people with their own agendas have tried to attach themselves to him. How does a 21-year-old from Spartanburg, SC know who he should put his trust in?

Quite possible when the money really started pouring in. But you'd have thought that would have manifested itself when he was a 16 year old with 5 million twitter followers. He seemed so down to earth even after fame and fortune were clearly at hand.

Fuck it. I'm just going to blame the stink of Cam Reddish.

We really forgot to include picking Zion over Ja in our Griffin Grievances discussion a few days back?

Morant-McCollum-Herbert of the Defense-Ingram-Jonas would get you at least where Utah and Dallas are.

Since 2005 when New Orleans drafted Chris Paul, they've made the playoffs four times. They've made it out of the first round twice. During that time period, they've had one total season without one of Chris Paul, Anthony Davis, or Zion Williamson on their roster.
That's honestly incredible.

We really forgot to include picking Zion over Ja in our Griffin Grievances discussion a few days back?

Morant-McCollum-Herbert of the Defense-Ingram-Jonas would get you at least where Utah and Dallas are.
I saw a report the other day about how the Pelicans offered the #4 pick and other stuff to Memphis to move up to #2. They wanted to pair Zion with Morant.

It's hard to fault them for drafting the generational talent. I tried to restrict my grievances to things that seemed dumb at the time and turned out to be dumb. Drafting Zion instead of Morant seemed very reasonable.

Zion will be torn apart and then he’ll go somewhere better, probably revive his career like Embiid, and he’ll be the most popular player in the league again if that happens. This is a smart move, IMO. A long as he performs, all is forgotten. I mean, just look at LeBron’s career, if the Kawhi example isn’t compelling.

What is "this", though? He's not even asking for a trade. I can't see how not playing basketball or even staying in shape during year 21 of his life, plus generally alienating people in the league and developing a bad reputation, is a smart move for his future. Does hurting his market value like that even increase the likelihood of getting moved before his contract is up, which is the only positive that could come with all of the negatives?

So one of the best point guards ever, one of the best power forwards ever and a guy who, when healthy, was putting up insane numbers for a young guy. Still, 4 playoff appearances in 17 seasons. I know they never overlapped but that's pathetic as an organization.

Obviously, more will come out over time but the Pelicans have had 3 coaches in his 3 seasons. They apparently cannot figure out what is wrong with his foot if they're talking a 2nd (or is it a 3rd by now?) foot surgery. Kawhi left in part because he had no trust with the organization's doctors. They aren't making the playoffs this year and I'm honestly not sure I love the fit of CJ/BI/Zion as it is. When the Pelicans inevitably fire Griffin, the new GM should just go ahead and look to move Zion for draft picks and pieces that compliment BI's game and build around BI.

The Bulls are still in 1st despite missing Lonzo and Caruso (and just getting Lavine back). Donovan needs to be coach of the year. And DeRozan is completely unguardable right now. Once against with 35+ on 50% shooting last night (15-21 this time).

Warriors share is stunning. Raw number of viewers must be tops in the league by a large margin as well.

It makes sense to me that a player whom rome loves to watch is a terrible draw for casual audiences. Embiid and Giannis are top draws who thrill audiences with their skill sets. Jokic is an uninteresting, generic player with boring abilities.

36 FTA last night when the starters left the game with 4 minutes left. In a close game, they probably get to 40+. Embiid was 11/13, Harden 8/9. This is going to be a very tough out in the playoffs, even if Harden shoots his usual big game 5/15 FG.

I have a hard time believing Nesmith can't earn any floor time with the Celts. Seems like they're doing a poor job managing this.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom