Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

I wonder if Portland would consider trading Justise to Brooklyn. I think he could thrive there. They could basically use him like another Bruce Brown with a little more defensive versatility.

murphy.jpg

This was a completed dunk. Trey Murphy's had some signs of life lately. I'm actually more high on this Pelicans team right now than I've been since the start of Zion's rookie year. Herb Jones is one of the steals of the draft. McCollum has been awesome since he got to NO. They're about to get Nance back. I forgot until I was listening to a pod today that he was on the roster. I think he could be the perfect frontcourt partner for Zion. If Murphy can figure it out, you have three versatile defender to make up for the bad defense of the big three.

And most importantly, it seems like they found the right coach.

Not to overemphasize this, but I feel like what Jaxson Hayes has been doing of late (especially from outside, but FT too) is also a good sign for them.
Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 9.26.57 AM.png

Not to overemphasize this, but I feel like what Jaxson Hayes has been doing of late (especially from outside, but FT too) is also a good sign for them.
View attachment 1460
Yeah, he started to show something last year and has really built on that. He's shown enough versatility to exist in a two-big lineup. Between Zion, Nance, and Hayes they could actually have a pretty versatile frontcourt. Only guy who is a one-position player is Valanciunas.

Unfortunately, getting into the play-in probably allows Griffin to keep his job. I would love to get a new GM in who would offload Valanciunas and Graham and focus on CJ, Herb, Ingram, Zion, Hayes, Nance, and Murphy as the future (with CJ kind of just being a stopgap until a younger shot creator can be acquired). I'm sure I'm forgetting some other key piece they should keep.

Biggest worry for me besides Zion's health and buy-in is Griffin giving CJ an albatross extension. He loves to double down on his big moves. There's nothing wrong with having an expensive CJ right now. Don't want to be the team dealing with his next contract.

Warriors needed another big 2 months ago but decided "eh, let's wait, we'll get James back soon". Was stupid then, looks even more stupid now. Be surprised if he plays again at all this season, even in the G League. It really sucks for Wiseman, he's officially heading down the Greg Oden career path it looks like.

Mistake #1: Using the pick in the first place
Mistake #2: Not picking Ball
Mistake #3: Not trading Wiseman this last offseason

They were so intent on selling this vision of "bridging the present and the future" that they weren't realistic about whether that future was worthwhile. Sheer hubris, imo. They're far from the only organization to think too much of their own draft picks, but they're the only ones who have self-branded as "light years ahead."

My biggest issue with the Warriors front office is how much they were counting on Wiseman to be effective this season after Kerr & his staff completely bungled how they used him his rookie season. Given he didn't play a ton last season, it's an awful lot to ask a 2nd year player to step in, after being off the court for most of the last 2+ seasons (even before this season started) and start in the NBA.

Then, after realizing his injury was taking longer to heal, they didn't make any moves to get a big (even when Draymond was out for 2 months). They've needed another quality big for months but were hellbent on Wiseman coming back and being a rotational piece that it almost doesn't even look like they even considered the possibility that he might not get back this year. I agree wholeheartedly that it's sheer hubris as Rome said.

Wiseman didn't show enough last season in terms of defensive acumen or fitting within a team concept to justify jeopardizing their limited title window. It's not like anyone was asking them to go the Nets route of trading all their future assets. Wiseman may get better. But it's unlikely given his rookie performance that he's a future Anthony Davis.

As I've said before, whenever Duke wins a big game all the NBA games go well too.

Boston beat Denver in Denver and held Jokic to 8-23. I'm pretty sure that's his worst game of the entire season if not the last three years. New Orleans beats Atlanta (which also helps Brooklyn). Toronto beats Philly, which helps Boston.

Jaylen and Jason are the first duo in Celtics history to score 30 in the same night in back to back games. Break them up!

At the point with the Celtics where it would be almost disappointing if they don't come out of the East. They are beating the living shit out of everyone.
My only worry is that they're going to get to the 2 seed and have to play the Nets. They are 0.5 games back from the Bucks. I also want the Nets to do well, so that series is a lose-lose for me.

What odds would you take that Mike D'antoni is coaching this team next year?

Where does Rivers land? Has to be Lakers, right? Assuming Calipari is in NY

People starting to notice Carter. I think the Bulls would take Carter back in a heartbeat at this point. I still wish the Warriors had been the team to trade for him, but maybe he needed a situation with no pressure like this to really maximize himself.

Phenomenal two nights in the NBA. Pistons lose as big favorites at home to the Blazers, then Magic come back to beat the Warriors. I think the Thunder will grab the #1 odds, though. They’re openly trying to lose out.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom