Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randomopolis

We ordered some stuff for my kid’s birthday party goodie bags. 15 of the same item. It was delivered in 8 different deliveries and annoying as hell.

I signed up for Walmart+ two years ago on a Black Friday deal because I thought, hell yeah, I'll give you $59 to not set foot in Walmart for a year. I have to say it's the best delivery service subscription I've used, and I've used most of them.

I got it again this year on Black Friday and I'm shocked they're still doing this. Right now, Tiffany is on the way to my house with a single $2.97 bag of potting soil. There is no minimum order and not even an option to tip the delivery people. I'm going to pay $2.97, plus tax, a Walmart employee is going to process and pull the order, then an independent delivery contractor is going to pick up that $3 bad of dirt and drive across town to leave it at my front door.
This is such a weird business model that must be losing a fortune if there are many people like me who will place an order for one tube of toothpaste or multiple orders of single bags of cheap dirt.
That's intriguing. Can you use it for groceries too?

Yeah, I don't know if the options are universal but my options are: Pick Up (lol, fuck off), Delivery, Ship

Pick up is obvious, they get the order ready, you go pick it up

Delivery is how you order groceries, but they'll bring other items, too. There IS a tip option for delivery

Ship is what I'm using. If it says "Arrives today", the process is the same as Delivery, but there is no tip option. If it says 2 or more days, it's shipping on FedEx, probably.

And just to update my potting soil delivery story that you were probably all on pins and needles waiting for - They already delivered the stuff they said was arriving tomorrow. I got a message a little after 4 saying my other items were on the way, I looked at the tracking map and they were bringing it from a Walmart in the neighboring county, 45 minutes away.
So I'm good on bags of dirt now, until at least next weekend.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom