Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pets

My parents got a 7 mo old chocalate lab on Saturday. She's very hyper but an absolute sweetheart when she has her bark collar on. I am so happy my parents who are in their late 50s to early 60s have such an awesome campaign.

My friend showed me a picture of a greyhound today and said, "Look at this, who could resist that face?" I say, "Me. I can absolutely resist that face. It looks like a fucking anteater." Friend (rather sadly): "Oh. That's the one we're adopting. We're getting her this week" Me: "Cool, and you can name her Anteater, or maybe Aardvark."

Seriously, I'm a dog person but this was the homeliest canine I've ever seen that wasn't a Chinese Crested. I wish I could find the picture, I'm pretty sure it was on a greyhound adoption site. It's got this insanely long nose that's sort of turned up at the end that looks like it's got an elf's slipper on it's face.

Tried to adopt a shih tzu but my application was denied. Their reasoning - the dog would be a flight risk in an unsecured area... I would never have my dog not in a secure area. I mentioned that I wanted to take them to the dog park at my apartment complex which apparently means I'd let them go?

There's a new strain of heartworm that's resistant to the monthly preventative treatment, so now they're recommending you keep your dog treated with a mosquito repellent, in addition to giving them the heartworm preventative that may or may not work.
I'm going to have to decide which is the bigger risk for my dogs, a terrible death brought on by heartworms, or a terrible death from the cancer they're going to get from their constant immersion in toxins.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/37046951/drug-resistant-strain-of-heartworm-found-in-louisiana-dog

Anyone besides me more of a cat person? I actually like dogs, but my personality is more suited to cats. I have two "adolescents" right now -- about eight months old.

My cats are super-affectionate and love people. I've been lucky with cats. I've had one terrible dog and one great one.

I have never had a cat that didn't want to kill and eat me.

This is what I like about cats. They want to do that but they know they're too small to get away with it, so they just kind of hang out and wait for that one opportunity. This is the exact opposite of my Jack Russell, who wants to kill everything and everyone but has no idea that he's too small and so never waits for his moment. This has been a very expensive and painful series of lessons that he still hasn't caught onto at the age of 12.

I have preferred dogs my whole life and always had big, playful outdoor dogs. When I got married, she came with a little feist mix that stays indoors. I have never had an indoor dog, so I didn't like that at all. Knew it was coming, just didn't know I would hate it so much, plus the dog hates me for no reason. This year, we adopted a goldendoodle and a kitten about 3 months inbetween. The goldendoodle is a huge puppy that is currently inside (gated in dining room) until we can fence in the yard in the spring. Then both dogs are going out. She has been an enemy - chewed up my dinner table and a chair, chewed the other dogs bed, chewed the trim around the door and chewed up some of my kids' toys. Puppy stuff, but driving me insane. I joked with my wife that I was going to build a casket out of the dinner table when she gets all the way through the leg. Didn't go over too well. I currently do not like either dog, at all, but I am trying very hard.

The cat is the man - names Opie. He is such a good cat and is really good with my girls. He does like attention, though, and he gets plenty of it. Never thought I would call myself a cat guy, but I most definitely am these days.

Your puppy is bored, that's why he's chewing up everything. Get him a bunch of chew toys, redirect him to them if you catch him chewing on anything he shouldn't. And read up on NILIF training (Nothing In Life Is Free). Best way in the world to teach a dog to do what you tell him.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back