Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2014-15 Discussion

Re: Duke Football 2014 Discussion

Yeah, Pitt's also losing their QB that wrecked us (Savage), Devin Street, and 2 starting OL, so hopefully their offense will take a big hit. Boyd is still a scary WR, though.

Miami is a bit of a wildcard to me - lose their QB, but their defense won't be quite as young and inexperienced, and of course, Duke Johnson. Seems like they have the potential to be pretty good if guys pan out and they get it together.

I'm thinking 8-4. That might be conservative, but I'm going to need more than one winning season to really stick my neck out on a Duke football prediction. I'm thinking losses to Miami, VT, and UNC plus one other random loss.

Spring game - anyone going tomorrow? Thinking of taking the whole family if the weather cooperates. They won't care too much about the football, but if there's a Blue Devil sighting to be had, they'll be thrilled.

I had @Miami as a pretty near definite loss next season. I guess now it's a likely loss? Although it's not like their home field provides a terrific advantage so maybe I'm overestimating them based purely on the name on the front of the jersey.

Still, I think they return their skill position guys on offense (other than QB), including Duke Johnson, who missed last season's game,
and it's not like their defense can get any worse.

I kinda think we go 8-4, losses @PItt, @Miami, @Georgia Tech and UNC. If we can't be in a big time bowl, then I'll be rooting for the Pinstripe Bowl so I can go.

8-4, Music City Bowl is my completely uneducated, optimistic guess. We return so much, but also had a lot of things fall into place last year, so I think it's a wash. Then you have to assume that the Coastal won't suck as much. It was really, really bad.

bfactor said:
8-4, Music City Bowl is my completely uneducated, optimistic guess. We return so much, but also had a lot of things fall into place last year, so I think it's a wash. Then you have to assume that the Coastal won't suck as much. It was really, really bad.

Yeah, I mean, we were down 22-0 to UVA at one point but still won that game. Wake and UNC were tight, toss-up games that we won, as was VT (although to Duke's credit all three could be characterized as gutty road wins). Even NC State was a game in which we were pretty much dominated at the line of scrimmage for over half of the game. Devon Edwards ain't gonna be in the path of every poorly thrown ball this season, unfortunately.

I feel like we'll never beat Georgia Tech no matter how much they lose from a prior year.

AIW, that's an interesting article. Interesting take on Beamer and Georgia Tech. Maybe we finally beat GIT.

Wife just gave me my Father's Day present a bit early. 5 season tickets for the upcoming season. Awesome.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
aiw said:
Wife just gave me my Father's Day present a bit early. 5 season tickets for the upcoming season. Awesome.

Save the stubs.

GT game is away, I think :(

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
aiw said:

Save the stubs.
I keep considering digging up that stub just to see if I even have it, but that guy never returned.

Also, let's be serious for a minute. We're taking this coming season into 2015. This thread title is all wrong.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • General chit-chat 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back