Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2014-15 Discussion

dukeberto said:
I can only hope that he takes a page out of Anunike's book and petition for the sixth year, but you also have to wonder if he may be done mentally and physically. I don't think he will play in the NFL so he may be ready to hang em up.

Do you think that more due to ability, or desire to be a pro football player after 3 ACL surgeries? Seemed like he might have had a shot to get draft before this...

Hope he's able to come back for another season if that's what he wants to do. It would certainly suck to see his career end this way after all he's done for Duke. Just devastating injury news.

Time for the next guy to step up. Someone is going to get an opportunity, hopefully they make the most of it.

Pantone287 said:
dukeberto said:
I can only hope that he takes a page out of Anunike's book and petition for the sixth year, but you also have to wonder if he may be done mentally and physically. I don't think he will play in the NFL so he may be ready to hang em up.

Do you think that more due to ability, or desire to be a pro football player after 3 ACL surgeries? Seemed like he might have had a shot to get draft before this...

I didn't think he had the ability to play at the pro level before his newest injury and three ACL surgeries will likely scare off any team from drafting him. Kelby is a smart player and has a good work ethic, but I just don't think he's quick enough to play pro ball. Maybe he could have gotten on a team as a special teamer, ala Vinny or Pat Bailey, but he wasn't going to crack a rotation at LB. Speed is highly valued (maybe even overvalued?) at the professional level, and unfortunately Kelby didn't have much of it.

First four games are going to be a 4 way tryout between Deion, France, McDonald, and Chris Holmes.

Interesting.

My eggs are pretty much all in the Chris Holmes basket now. If we can somehow get him on the field (even though he plays the other LB spot), he seemed like he has the most upside. Maybe the only guy that could potentially be an upgrade over Kelby in terms of pure physical talent.

From a purely developmental view, I would prefer that Holmes or McDonald really step up here.

France hasn't really shown much at all in his four years. Same with Williams.

Carmichael may be the best out of the bunch, but he is a true freshmen. Would rather he get a redshirt year.

This Monday's edition of our weekly thing where we have a torn ACLin an All-ACC 5th-year senior who also missed 2012 stars Braxton Deaver. Awesome.

Knew the last 2 years were too good to be true.

We should still be bowl eligible. I think where we are going to miss Deaver the most is in blocking. Big Country (David Reeves) has potential in the passing game, but will struggle in run support.

dukeberto said:
We should still be bowl eligible. I think where we are going to miss Deaver the most is in blocking. Big Country (David Reeves) has potential in the passing game, but will struggle in run support.

I just haven't paid attention to him blocking enough in the last year or so (mainly because he was never in), but is this a known area where he's struggled? I just see that he's listed as 15 pounds heavier than Deaver.

I'd rather stay out of the polls. Keep them fighting for respect and to prove last year wasn't a fluke.

Shaun Wilson 28 carries 414 yards 4 TD

14.8 ypc

Shaun Wilson is going to eat UNC alive if Cut actually gives him some carries.

UNC just gave up a 44 yard rushing TD on 3rd and 28.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back