Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kansas at Duke - Sat 9/13 3:30pm ET ESPN3

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Duke_t650.jpg

Kansas was picked to finish last in the Big 12.
Kansas had one player on the preseason Big 12 team, senior LB Ben Heeney.
Kansas has a 27-game road losing streak that spans a little over 5 years.
Head coach Charlie Weis has guided Kansas to 1-11 and 3-9 records in his first two seasons, after Kansas went 2-10 the season before he arrived.
Kansas opened their season by beating FCS Southeast Missouri at home, 34-28.
QB Montell Cozart is a true sophomore who was a 3-star unranked dual-threat QB out of high school; against Southeast Missouri, he was 12-24 passing, 196 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 8 rushes, -6 yards.
At #97 on Sagarin Predictor, Kansas is expected to be by far Duke's greatest test out of conference this season.

Duke is currently a 17.5-point favorite.

http://cjonline.com/sports/2014-09-08/c ... matchup-us

I read another article that the home and home games were supposed to be in '09 and '10, but Cut took over and asked that the '09 (Durham) game be postponed until we were better as KU was still in the midst of their "good" period and we didn't want to get crushed.

Here it is:

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/bi ... 52625.html

And yes, the Duke game. The series was originally agreed to back in 2006, nearly seven years before the Blue Devils won the ACC’s Coastal Division. The first game was set for Durham in 2009, with a return game in Lawrence in 2010. But before the 2009 season, Keating received a call. Duke coach David Cutcliffe was entering his second season, and the Blue Devils’ program was a mess. So Duke asked Kansas if they could play the first game in Lawrence, and push the second game into the future.

The reason: Duke didn’t think it was good enough to play Kansas.

KU has a Boeteng, McRoberts and Avery on their roster

So the last two coaches of the Chiefs have been Andy Reid and Romeo Crennel, and the last two coaches of KU football have been Mark Mangino and Charlie Weis. That's well over 1,500 lbs I'd imagine. I mean, Mangino was like 450.

aiw said:
Here it is:

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/bi ... 52625.html

And yes, the Duke game. The series was originally agreed to back in 2006, nearly seven years before the Blue Devils won the ACC’s Coastal Division. The first game was set for Durham in 2009, with a return game in Lawrence in 2010. But before the 2009 season, Keating received a call. Duke coach David Cutcliffe was entering his second season, and the Blue Devils’ program was a mess. So Duke asked Kansas if they could play the first game in Lawrence, and push the second game into the future.

The reason: Duke didn’t think it was good enough to play Kansas.
Duke played Alabama in 2010, but they were totes afraid of Kansas.

Down to just a 14 point favorite on my book.

Louisville only -7 against UVa. Should be free money.

What could have moved this line 3.5 points in Kansas' direction? Did people suddenly realize it's Duke football?

Could the weather account for that? I'm worried why the people who know what is going to happen are betting us down.

Ugh I forgot about the weather. Just put down some money on the Over. What an idiot.

Hedge your bet and take a slight loss.

Good to know. Thanks.

The ACC Regional Sports Networks (RSN) include Fox Sports South, Fox Sports Carolinas, Fox Sports Florida or Sun Sports, Comcast Sports Net Mid-Atlantic, New England Sports Network (NESN), the YES Network or MSG Network in New York and Root Sports in Pennsylvania, in addition to several other RSNs nationally reaching 71 million homes on average.

So most of us are getting this on TV.

ZackM said:
Hedge your bet and take a slight loss.
Was able to change it to under.

In play for the weekend:(all 1unit)
Duke-Kansas under 56
Louisville -7 v. UVA
UGA -6.5 v. USCe
VaTech -10 v. ECU

So far 4-0-0 on cfb for the 2014 season.
Previous bets: (all 1unit)
UGA -7.5 v. Clemson
UL-Monroe +2.5 v. Wake forest
Pitt -4 v. BC
ODU +17 v. NCState

I think you're downfall will be the ECU bet. I think they cover -10

Hope I get it on television but worst case, I'll watch on my computer.

Must win, this team has been god awful the last few years. Must stop on their throat early, give them no confidence at all.

I'd say they're doing OK atm

Last edited by a moderator:
The other line that really moved was in favor of Virginia. Virginia is winning. Kansas by 20.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back