Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke at Georgia Tech, 12:30, RSN/ESPN3

DrKlahn

All American
1375625428000-USATSI-6895492-1308041011_4_3.jpg

Duke is 4-1, having successfully executed all of its center to quarterback exchanges in 4 of its 5 games so far.
Georgia Tech is 5-0, with wins over the ACC Coastal's two NFL factories. Clemson stands as their greatest obstacle to going 11-0, losing to UGA by 73, and reinforcing the ACC's laughingstock status.

David Cutcliffe at Duke is 0-6 against Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech, losing by an average of 21 points. His teams have given up an average of 1,210.6 yards in those six games. Georgia Tech has never punted against Duke in the 81-year history of the series.

Georgia Tech opens as a 5.5 point favorite. The game is in Atlanta. This is like someone offering you Google stock at $200 a share.

Sirk should be good to go. Line is down to 4 points at most sites. Makes sense. Undefeated #22 GT playing at home? Worst QB play of Cut's career? This feels like the year we beat them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the line movement. I'm not touching this game because I will be at it and probably highly inebriated, but all the signs point towards a big Tech win. No way Tech is looking ahead of us to UNC, because Carolina sucks more than Duke this year. The only teams they could be looking ahead to would be Clemson or UGA.

Line is down to 3 points almost everywhere. I think there is some insider knowledge about Cut being willing to move on quickly to Sirk if Boone keeps performing like ass. Basically anyone who can receive a snap and execute a handoff, without thinking about throwing the ball, is worth a few points over the current version of Boone. Sirk can do all of that and probably even complete some passes if necessary.

Another explanation is that Duke is 0.5 points better than GT on Sagarin, so GT by 3 at home is exactly what it should be if you're not swayed by the recent history of this matchup.

Perusing the hype pieces tonight, Cut is throwing shade at Johnson and Duke has decided to wear all black for a game that will be played in the early afternoon with expected highs in the 80s. Feels a lot like Spider telling Tommy to go fuck himself.

No big deal, don't really need front seven defensive players against GT.

No big deal, Boone doesn't need WRs with good hands to complete a high percentage of passes.

Storms now expected throughout the day tomorrow. The Duke defense has given up 6.0 points per play in a driving rainstorm this year.

No big deal, bad weather favors Duke in this one, since Cutcliffe loves getting the ball to Shaun Wilson on handoffs and short passes rather than taking shots downfield.

Glad I got GaTech at -3.5 now. It will make it slightly less miserable when we inevitably lose tomorrow and I'm sitting in the stands soaking wet like a moron yelling for Cutcliffe to convince Brandon Connette to come back.

If you graphed "how hard I will be rooting for Boone" on the y-axis versus "how many terrible plays Boone makes" on the x-axis, it would look like this:

2.2-PP-Curve.jpg

I guess it should go into the negatives, though. Like, I will be rooting for injury at a certain point, probably after 10 terrible plays. I would probably root for death after like 25 straight butt fumbles in one game and a lot of beer.

This feels like a huge monkey off the back of Duke football. I could see us winning the rest of our games based on not watching a single play of this game.

rhfarmer said:
This feels like a huge monkey off the back of Duke football. I could see us winning the rest of our games based on not watching a single play of this game.

Boone had a brain transplant over the bye

Duke 29:44
GT 30:16

Nice job staying off the field

I think the two teams were pretty even before Duke's defense went into "let them score" mode at the end. Duke had a lot of close little plays go their way that added up to a big advantage on the scoreboard, especially on 3rd downs, and Paul Johnson made some dumb calls to kick instead of going for it on 4th downs when it made no sense to kick.

Being evenly matched with GT on the road and all those nagging injuries is a good thing, though. It's more evidence that Duke will be at the top of the Coastal going forward unless Miami returns to greatness. Beamer doesn't have it in him. The other programs in the Coastal have lower ceilings than Duke.

Duke should've won at Miami. Boone had to be the worst human being on earth for that entire game for Duke to lose, and he was.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back