Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke at Georgia Tech, 12:30, RSN/ESPN3

Rest of the schedule is crazy favorable. I'm actually more concerned about UVA than any of the others.

I only did that because I was certain that it would be a one-off and I wouldn't have to worry about that. Now I actually have to learn something about these teams?

I don't like that Duke will have to score 50 points to beat UNC, even though Duke has about an 80% chance to score 50 points against UNC.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
I don't like that Duke will have to score 50 points to beat UNC, even though Duke has about an 80% chance to score 50 points against UNC.

Not if Miami Boone shows up.

DrKlahn said:
Rest of the schedule is crazy favorable. I'm actually more concerned about UVA than any of the others.

Agreed. Kind of weird they haven't won in Durham since 2006.

Their D-Line is good.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

It's kind of pathetic how much I equate season success with beating UNC.

Sagarin Predictor has Duke favored by 4.5 vs Virginia. Line is currently Duke by 3.

Rest of the lines would be:

Duke at Pitt (-1)
Duke (-3) at Cuse
VT at Duke (-1.5)
UNC at Duke (-10)
Wake at Duke (-22)

Favored in 5 of the remaining 6 games. I would expect them to finish either 9-3 or 10-2. 8-4 would not be terrible but 10-2 should be the goal now. Then the loss to FSU. Then hopefully a non-top 25 team in the bowl game for the win and 11-3.

Also it would be nice to see them get up to 14-point favorites vs UNC by some combination of UNC badness and Duke goodness between now and then.

Duke would be 8.5-point underdogs to FSU in the title game. But that's with Winston being out for the Clemson game, and doesn't reflect what people would actually think. So call it 14 or so. That's not impossible to win, as it was last season.

So the dream is actually running the table, being ACC champs with 1 loss, getting into the playoffs, becoming the Kansas City Royals in the playoffs, winning the national title over Cutcliffe's old team.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back