Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2014-15 Discussion

My Duke football fandom is starting to be eerily similar to the early years of my Duke basketball fandom. After Duke starting playing really well under K, I would get so anxious before games, waiting for Duke to be exposed as a fraud. It's the same way with football now. It's so hard to believe how many W's are piling up, and I look at the schedule and see three winnable home games between us and another title game. I'm so anxious before games now because the games actually matter.

I hardly even pay attention to the basketball program because I know that they are going to be good, but I also know that Duke basketball has peaked and that anything that's good or special that happens from here on out is just gravy.

Kelby and Braxton granted sixth years of eligibility. I doubt Duke would have looked into this if it was not the player's intentions to come back next year.

Huge for 2015

LBs will be very good with Brown and Humphries. TE's will be great with Braxton, Petite and Reeves. RBs are just stacked with Wilson, Powell, Duncan, Ajeigbe, and possibly Hines. DBs will be top 2 in conference. OL will be very good though a step back from the elite status they occupy this season. QBs will probably good because Cut.

WRs and DL are the question marks. I have faith in both units though.

I think WRs will be fine. Obviously losing Jamo is huge, but Terrance Alls and Chris Taylor may be able to step in and produce. Also, it's a position where a freshman can come in and be productive.

DL - let's hope that some of the redshirting has paid dividends in the past few years. As long as we continue bending and not breaking, I think we should be ok until we play run heavy teams.

Topher said:
LBs will be very good with Brown and Humphries. TE's will be great with Braxton, Petite and Reeves. RBs are just stacked with Wilson, Powell, Duncan, Ajeigbe, and possibly Hines. DBs will be top 2 in conference. OL will be very good though a step back from the elite status they occupy this season. QBs will probably good because Cut.

WRs and DL are the question marks. I have faith in both units though.

You think Humphries will play LB? Rowe and John have been projecting him at Strike.

I do think we'll miss Tomlinson massively. Not because our backups are bad, just because he's so absurdly good. I've started rewatching our games just watching him recently, because it's so fun. He doesn't just win his matchups, he dominates them to an almost absurd extent. Cofield has quietly developed into a really good LT, too, and I'm not really sold on Stone yet.

BTW, Conner is a sophomore, so we'll have the pleasure of seeing him again next year.

Strike is a hybrid OLB/S role so I included him there

Remain behind Clemson in the CFP. Clemson #19, Duke #21

Jameis Winston's student conduct code hearing has been postponed until a date between the end of FSU's regular season and the ACC Championship game. The dream is real.

Pretty bummed about the VT game, but, for the second straight year, all comes down to UNC. I am going to assume we'll beat Wake.

Duke is a 6-point favorite vs UNC. I don't know what kind of person would tie real money to Anthony Boone throwing a football in the most important Duke football game of all time. Might as well start a small fire in your house that takes 3 hours to burn it down.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Duke is a 6-point favorite vs UNC. I don't know what kind of person would tie real money to Anthony Boone throwing a football in the most important Duke football game of all time. Might as well start a small fire in your house that takes 3 hours to burn it down.

Basically.

We're going to find out what kind of leadership we have on this team. A well led team will use the kind of loss on Saturday as focus.

The usual, line down to 5 for Duke vs UNC. Probably drops to 4 by kickoff.

I think the line always starts high in Duke's favor because people believe there is some chance Cutcliffe goes with Sirk as the starter, but as the game gets closer, people realize it's not going to happen.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back