Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2014-15 Discussion

What is this Jeff Driskel rumor? Isn't he horrendous?

They are all so nice.

I didn't see a single "Good riddance...that loser couldn't cut it here."

Worried that Driskel is a guy who carries too many scars. I think that was part of the issue with Boone towards the end.

aiw said:
Cash coming back

This is a great development, I love watching him play. Cash and Brown on defense is a good place to start for 2015.

Wow, Cunningham is a bitchy, punk-ass, motherfucker.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/02/13/ ... .html?rh=1

In a formal apology letter to Duke athletic director Kevin White on Feb. 3, Cunningham said he was disappointed that Duke football coach David Cutcliffe never returned UNC coach Larry Fedora’s apology call, which came the Friday following the game.

“While I may not understand the charges assessed, we take complete responsibility for our students and our programs,” Cunningham wrote to White.

To close his letter, Cunningham included a photo of spray paint damage to UNC’s South Building on campus – four pillars were tagged with the letters D-U-K-E on Feb. 19, 2014, before the Duke-UNC basketball game.

“The University of North Carolina bore the cost of sandblasting these pillars and did not make public comments of the transgression. I acknowledge we have no idea who did this, but I simply included it to demonstrate that all fans, teams, coaches, students, etc. need to appreciate and respect the rivalry.”

Lol at how UNC always tries to take the moral high ground even when they're wrong. See look at how much better people we are.

Isn't that his job?

Last edited by a moderator:
Duke has kept media away from practices that wasn't GoDuke.com

TyusStones5 said:
I remember when he was just a blogger he seemed good at his job.

He's pretty damn good at what he does. Him and Slater consistently have the most inside information for recruiting. Duke tends to freeze the recruiting sites out of interviews and coverage in favor of the news outlets.

Cut grew some hair

14813433-1438810082-640x480.jpg

This is the first time I've thought about the upcoming Duke football season in months. I love being a Duke football fan. Completely immerse as a fan for 4 months and then it's done. Win 8-9 games = fantastic. Win 6-7 games = great. Win 3-5 games = okay, no problem. Win 0-2 games = let out a hearty laugh and move on. Win 10-12 games = sports fan nirvana.

Predicting 7 wins for 2015-16.

As someone who worked for the team under Roof, my football dedication is probably 10x that what I have for basketball. The past few seasons have been nothing short of a delight for me and it's incredibly refreshing that when I wear Duke FB gear around town, I actually get a lot of "they are really on the up and up aren't they" rather than the "oh, I didn't know Duke had a football team" comments during the Roof years.

I see 7 or 8 wins on the schedule, however if we beat GT at home all bets are off and we could easily win 10 or 11.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back