Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Front 6

Pantone287

Legend
...look entirely different due to injuries, but have been excellent, all things considered. If we ever get Bruce, Foxx and Wallace back (three projected starters), we'd have a very deep line rotation of those three, Annunike, Sarmiento, Dez Johnson, Dewalt-Ondijo and Woodruff, Sink, and Ingram and Wray if we still need snaps from them.

LB play has been decent, hopefully it will hold up against faster teams. Helton has been good in coverage, and while Brown, Gamble and France have played well, they aren't exactly speedsters. Can't imagine we'll bring Kelby back this year, either

Ha, for real. He was an OLB in HS, I think.

I actually like him a lot, though. Not an every-down guy, but he's fast as hell for a DE. Seems like he's hit the QB about as much as anybody.

I wonder if we'll see a good amount of him against VT, since he's so good at chasing down a QB who's scrambling out of the pocket. Although he's probably not even big enough to tackle Thomas...

He's been a pleasant surprise. I actually really liked him when he committed and mentioned it on TDD at the time. I met him while he was here on his visit at the time and he was really, really fucking shy but looked huge to me in person.

Now seeing him play he looks skinny in pads but has surprised me with how well he's done. Sorta hangs in there, plays to the whistle and makes timely plays. Wonder how much he'll bulk up in the offseason.

I feel like Wooduff has been really helpful at times too.

I would feel great about the depth if even just Bruce can come back at near full strength

Then we could get real big for a Duke team and slide Wallace to DE (more natural position).

Looks like we get Wallace back this week, although he is still being listed as DT.

Getting Bruce back would be huge, but we've been doing pretty well. We are still in the top tier of the ACC in sacks per game, although last week we didn't get one until the fourth quarter when UVA went to all out passing plays.

This week will be a real test with Thomas as their QB. We need to get on him early and often to rattle him and force him into his shitty throws.

dukeberto said:
Looks like we get Wallace back this week, although he is still being listed as DT.

Really? Nice. That would be great news, especially if Johnson can't go.

That is so clutch. If we can get Kelby back healthy too, I'll be much more optimistic about the defense next season.

I'd also feel a lot better if we get Juco linebacker Joe Walker, who's supposed to be a stud. Kyler, Helton and France are decent, but Kelby and Walker could potentially be a nice duo.

He'll miss all of spring. Why cant injuries hit players we dont need?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back