Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quarterbacks

Per Keeley, Driskel has sent his release to Duke, meaning Duke can contact him.

For some reason, this Driskel talk excites me. A change of scenery could be all he needs.

No contact between the two yet.

Wonder if Cash could call up Braxton Miller and ask him if he wants to be a back up or lead Duke to the playoffs?

With schools like Oregon and (I think) Bama having a clear opening for a guy like Braxton Miller it's hard to imagine Duke getting a look if Braxton were to leave OSU.

Yeah but imagine the stat padding he could do in the ACC.

physicsfactor said:
With schools like Oregon and (I think) Bama having a clear opening for a guy like Braxton Miller it's hard to imagine Duke getting a look if Braxton were to leave OSU.

Sims is a senior? Geez.

I'm anxious to hear some good things about Sirk from preseason reports. I'm worried that we're going to take a couple steps back this year because we won't be able to pass at all. As inconsistent as Boone was, he would at least occasionally make some good deep throws that made other teams have to worry about it.

I think Sirk has a better arm and better touch than Boone. I don't know how many times Crowder would have to slow down/stop to get to the ball on a deep route last year. I'm more interested to hear that Sirk is making smart decisions and not trying to force things to try and make the big play.

Everything I've heard from yesterday was that he's an upgrade over Boone.

Surely, anyone would be more accurate than Boone. I'm more worried about making the correct reads at game speed. Thanks for the feedback. I guess I should just assume anyone would be an upgrade over Boone until I'm proven wrong.

if Sirk avoids an all encompassing, and debilitating mental breakdown then he should be significantly better than Boone was at any point last season.

So are we all in acceptance of Cut being loyal to a fault to Boone last season (this explains not pulling him in the 5-10 games when he looked like a bottom 10 QB in FBS/FCS combined) and Cut having a fluky lack of trust in Sirk throwing the ball for reasons that will not exist this season (this would explain Sirk never throwing)?

I get the first part. Cut is like that. I don't get the second part. When Sirk was in the game, why never throw with a guy who has a better arm and mind than your starter? Avoid controversy by maintaining the perception of Sirk as the running package QB only? I guess. I want to believe we have a top 150 throwing QB in the nation this season.

I've heard Sirk's injury really set him back two years ago and that Cut wasn't fully trusting of his arm development but his work in the offseason has been excellent.

I don't know how much I buy an achilles injury hindering his throwing motion but he was raw as a prospect coming into Duke. Perhaps the lost development time put him further back than the staff wanted in game action last year. Either way, they seem to believe in him now.

I know Cut puts a ton of emphasis on a QBs footwork so an Achilles injury could in fact hinder his throwing development, especially when planting his foot.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back