Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Honorary Physicsfactor Bowl Discussion Thread

Re: Duke Bowl Game Discussion

So fortunate that UNC is serving a bowl ban this year, too.

For Gods sake not the sun bowl

Cool, we'll just spend like $500 more for travel and do all the fun things there are to do in El Paso.

Rollins said:
ChibCU said:
Bomani Jones just gave a shout out to Duke football during his "face time" after winning Around the Horn.

Very cool.

I don't know why, but I love Bomani Jones. Still can't figure out what it is, but I think he's much better than most of the other blowhards who get featured on ESPN from time to time.

I guess you never heard him on the radio here

Steele has Clemson getting a BCS at large. I don't see that happening.

It just struck me that we'll get an extra month of practice this year. I'm still struggling to mentally cope with these glorious developments.

Looks like nothing has changed after those two unflattering performances. Still projected to go to Belk or Music City. Duke would be around 9-point underdogs to Cincinnati or Tennessee.

A7XxmIXCYAAjMr5.png

Sunday after the conference title games I believe

Please Music City Bowl!

Honestly, I'll probably go regardless of who plays in the game, but it'd be so much more awesome if it was Duke.

It seems pretty likely that Vandy is MCB bound. I'd be surprised if they went back to the Liberty Bowl and too many things have to happen to get selected by the Chick-Fil-A or Gator Bowl. From a Vanderbilt perspective I'd much rather play someone like VT in the MCB because of the name factor. A Duke/Vandy bowl game doesn't do much for either program nationally, would get labeled as a boring brainiac bowl, and wouldn't have much of a following outside of our two fan bases. Plus, both programs have already played against each other a bunch the past 25 years, whereas VT and VU have only played once or twice. If both teams are in the MCB, I'll be intrigued by the possibilities of meeting you gentleman/scholars.

If you really want a VU/VT game, you better hope UVA doesn't hold on.

FSU
Clemson
Duke
GT
NCSU

Wake
VT

So Duke looks good for the #5 spot in the ACC right? If VT blows this and Vandy has to play someone like Toledo or Ball St I'll be irate.

What's the talk of projected bowl?

Seems like that announcements could begin to come down at any time for the lower-tier bowls.

It comes down to Belk or Music City for us.

I'd say 75% chance Belk (or so Duke thinks), and 25% Nashville. Still really hoping for Nashville.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back