Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2015-2016 Discussion

Thomas Sirk threw for 14 yards in the second half. Duke wins by 14.

Is there going to be a game this season where Jeremy Cash is not the best player on the field?

I feel like this was the most important game of the season. Lose this, and a bowl game starts looking stressful. Win this, have the confidence to take out Miami and UNC. The Virginia Schools look beatable, as does Wake. Not sure how frisky Pitt and Cuse are, but Duke had to win this one to have a shot at beating the worst Clemson and FSU teams in a while in the ACC championship game.

Pitt, Wake, UVA, Army, and BC are should wins.

VT, Miami, and UNC are probably gonna be favorites over Duke but certainly winnable

Since GT is the least dysfunctional program in the Coastal other than Duke, it is always good to beat them. I really can't believe we've beaten them twice in a row.

TJ Douglas kicked off the team. I don't know who that is.

aiw said:
TJ Douglas kicked off the team. I don't know who that is.

3rd year CB who was never going to contribute. played QB in high school.

scholarship move, but kind of strange to see mid-season.

Duke opens as a 6.5 fav over BC. Line up to 7. I might take the points given BC's defense. Feels like a 14-10 final. Hopefully with us winning.

Now that Duke has reestablished itself as a program that can blow out the worst teams in FBS, it's time to check in on Sagarin.
http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Duke is 27th on Sagarin Predictor. For more perspective, Duke would be a 2-point underdog to Ohio State on a neutral field in this system. Sagarin would also have Michigan as a 21-point favorite over Michigan State this Saturday, so I'm not sure how good the system is right now.

The remaining spreads for Duke should be:

Duke by 2 at VT
Duke by 8 vs Miami
UNC by 1 vs Duke
Duke by 8 vs Pitt
Duke by 13 at UVA
Duke by 12 at Wake

I guess the expected season result is to lose one of the two games at VT and at UNC, and to lose one of the other four games. That should be good enough to earn the right to be humiliated by Clemson in the ACC title game.

Win 2 of the next 3 games and you've got a great shot at playing for ACC title.

3.5-point underdogs at Virginia Tech. They can go ahead and lose this one, but every game after would be must win then.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back