Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2015-2016 Discussion

Going from being the number 22 team in the country to it being basketball season starting in about 10 hours

DKST, make a GIF of the 8th lateral to show the block in the back.

physicsfactor said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/EddieKahler/status/660650524577001472

Someone embed this for me please
Here you go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw so many tweets about the Miami Miracle and many were helpful. In the end and IMO, this is the best summary, though:

What else is there? Duke was a 10-point favorite at kickoff. Miami's QB had completed 6 passes in college. Miami helped as much as they could with 20+ penalties. Duke still would've just barely won with shit play calling all night, shit QB play until 5 minutes left, shit special teams and shit coaching. A kickoff out of bounds wins the game barring a 65 yard TD with your best defense on the field. Not playing Boehme ever probably wins the game since Sirk would've scored on the opening drive. Duke so ass for letting that happen, is exactly right.

ZackM said:
DKST, make a GIF of the 8th lateral to show the block in the back.
Sorry, was at the game. Will be looking at downloaded clip of the full play tomorrow to pick out the 4 (by my count) blocks in the back and clear knee down before lateral.

why even follow anyone else?

This was worse than the Mets loss. That was on the players/manager not getting it done. This wasn't.

sk6XIeo.jpg

ACC admits everything wrong, still won't overturn game. Fucking joke.

They're not going to overturn the result--there's no precedent for that (outside of maybe MLB, which has a process in place). I'm surprised we got as much as we did out of them--was expecting something a lot more insulting and patronizing.

Not that you guys want my stupid and simplistic perspective, but I posted this elsewhere:

Who cares about a suspension? As a non-football guy, I'm not as invested in this. But it seems to me that zero punishment for the officials and an overturning of the results would be much more meaningful. What are you stating by suspending them? Either you're saying that they screwed up, in which case fix the mistake, don't punish the people who made it. People should be allowed an occasional mistake on their jobs. Or you're saying they purposefully made the wrong call, in which case a suspension is less than a slap on the wrist. This is akin to the phenomenon of public apologies: an utterly pointless PR move.

I agree with that, Lhys. It's just a lame PR move to say "we did something" but it doesn't really have any impact or rectify anything.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back