Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wait til next year

Re: 5-1!!!!!

Along those lines, do you guys have any suggestions for posters to invite over here? It would be cool to have few more people, I just haven't been on the FB board for long enough to really know who to PM.

Pretty sure SFD has a few screws loose and often forgets what is reality and what were in his dreams.

I see that chrishoke made his way over, which is great. Who's the poster that's always posting football news articles? I always appreciated those. Had 69 in the handle.

These are some of the guys who I have had positive exchanges with:

Duke69SportsFan
Keywee1
joelgro
harrimy
Rreilly
afarr1
langthechamp
ricstr01
devilish
wantshav

Some are probably here already, and some are moderators on the other site, but for what it is worth, those are some suggestions.

Nice, thanks. We've already PMed Rreilly and jafarr, and harrimy is a mod, but I'll try a few of the others. Also, if anyone gets a chance to PM posters they "know", it's always appreciated - it would be great if we could eventually have a FB board that's as active as TDD but more organized and less terrible.

Also, lol@ how terrible a recruiter I would be as a coach.

I do not care for DaTrain. He did offer some productive insight when Haskins was the grad. asst. at Stanford and he would respond to DaTrain's questions about specific recruits. But that is the only valuable insight I gained from him, and his self-proclaimed recruiting guru status is largely fiction. I found it funny that he defended Edsell by telling us how he sat with Fridge's wife at the games. At the end of last year, DaTrain wrote, "If you are book-smart and play football, there are so many viable options to play the sport, get a great education and win. Winning will never happen under this staff. Never. There really is no reason for a true student athlete to come here for football unless they have no other offers." So, I think that sort of sums up DaTrain's brilliant insight. I could go on, but I am sounding a little insane in my various pre-occupations with posters I don't respect.

Train has been severely negative. Anyone with the broken-record "offer anyone that Stanford offers" suggestion is tiring.

Messaged Keywee, Lang,

I wouldn't message harrimy unless you want to get banned as he is one of the under the table mods.

Wasn't Train the one who claimed there was a shadow staff already in place last year, led by some NFL coordinator?

Yep. DaTrain did say that. Intimated that he was connected to some network of football super-geniuses through Maryland prep schools and knowing a guy on Stanford's staff. I really can't stand the little poser. Here is the quote thanks to google: "Sep 5, 2011 – DaTrain wrote: I know for a fact there is an NFL coordinator who will take the job in ... He has a "shadow staff" literally waiting for the green light."

joelgro did some solid follow-up with, "I may or may not be on the Shadow Staff. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."

Remember when everyone wanted to Fire Cut! and hire Mike Leach? I know this it's just his first season, but I still find the contrast in how they talk about their seniors kind of hilarious:

Cutcliffe (5-1) on his seniors: Look at what Tony Foster did today. A receiver turned defensive back. It shows what a fifth-year senior can do. I was really proud of him. I gave him that pitchfork that we give a player before the game to lead us out of the hotel and I told Tony ‘I’ll follow you anywhere.’ He’s an amazingly unselfish, quality young man. A great student, a great person from Burlington, N.C. and I know there is a proud mama over there in Burlington, N.C. and I hope she’s listening. Her son is quite a young man...

...I can’t say enough [about Conner Vernon]. I just hugged his mama. His mother and father have just become really great friends [of mine] like so many of our parents have. They’ve been very supportive of the program and very supportive of Conner. Conner is a true elite athlete and a true elite person. He takes care of his business in every aspect. Conner’s never been on a [negative] list for anything, academically, socially, and he’ll take your rep on the football practice field if you let him.”

Leach (2-4) on his seniors: "Some of them have had kind of this zombielike, go through the motions, everything is like how it's always been, that's how it'll always be. Some of them quite honestly have an empty-corpse quality. That's not pleasant to say or pleasant to think about, but that's a fact."

:lol:

This just reminded me that if someone mentioned the "shadow staff" as a joke later, they were reprimanded or the thread was shut down. DaTrain's stupidity had to be protected from ridicule since he was such an expert. Blah.

DaTrain was also a sports editor for the Chronicle back in the day. I believe in the early to mid 90s. That's where he gets most of his self-importance from.

Who we SHOULD get is DEVILBRO. Hahaha always loved hearing Mike Schneider's brother's take on issues with duke football.

Dude Mike took so much shit. I have no idea how his brother put up with those people or why he hung around. Schneider took so many shots for the program. Tough as nails. I sincerely hope he doesn't have any lingering brain trauma or anything.

Phil Steele has us losing every game left except the last one, against Miami

He's perfect on our games so far.

LOL at what our fan base will be like if that happens.

dukebluedevils05 said:
I'm still not convinced sfd and bluerevenge aren't the same person.
I know SFD posts on DBR as FormerDukeAthlete. His rhetoric was real easy to spot when I moved over to TDD

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back