Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coaching Carousel -- 2012-2013 Edition

I hope we can get Cut to sign an extension given all the positions opening up and his recent success. Any word on this from the insiders?

I think he signed an extension through 2019.

Cut will be the third longest tenured coach at Duke. Ever.

How sad is that?

Beaten out only by Wallace Wade and Bill Murray.

I'm hearing the Cut got an extension through 2019. I'll keep you posted as this develops.

How long will cut be here i'm afraid he'll quit guys i need some assurance has he signed a extension or anyhting

sivartrenrag said:
How long will cut be here i'm afraid he'll quit guys i need some assurance has he signed a extension or anyhting

I'm getting some good inside info from a friend of a friend who knows someone who's on the Board of Trustees, he said the BOT feels good about where they stand WRT Cut.

They are doing an in home after the season ends FWIW and hoping to have Cut on Campus for an OV before the early signing period.

TOB out at NC State

Chizek out at Auburn.

James Franklin's phone wont stop ringing.

Who does State think they'll get that will do any better than 4 straight bowl bids?

Sounds like Boise's Peterson to Arkansas. Nice.

*Edit* I should say that is what "connected" folks here are saying.

*Edit again* And now another "connected" person says that is false. Gotta love how quickly rumors can form and resolve these days.

I would never believe a rumor attaching Peterson to a job other than Boise State until his signature is on the contract at another school.

Multiple sites including ESPN and Yahoo sports reporting Wisconsin's Bret Bielama has been hired as Arkansas new coach. SMH.

physicsfactor said:
Multiple sites including ESPN and Yahoo sports reporting Wisconsin's Bret Bielama has been hired as Arkansas new coach. SMH.
Im shocked he'd leave Wisconsin, that was a fantastic job for him. IMO Arkansas is a step down, lateral at best.

Topher said:
physicsfactor said:
Im shocked he'd leave Wisconsin, that was a fantastic job for him. IMO Arkansas is a step down, lateral at best.
Arkansas will pay him more and is in the SEC. But at Wisconsin you put average teams out there and waltz into a BCS Bowl. And stylistically it just doesn't make sense to me. Hopefully this isn't true. Last coaching search, there were plenty of names floated out there (and even reported as done deals) before AD Long pulled off a miracle. Still hoping for that.

^ Yeah, confirmed.

I'm sorta okayish with it.

Let's just say Malzahn was not the problem when it came to the internal nonsense of the last few years.

He needs to kick Trooper and Luper to the curve. We need Tracy Rocker back coaching the D Line BAD. He was the wizard behind unleashing Nick Fairley.

Basically trading automatic BCS games and hopeful Title shot for hopeful Title shot in a more difficult conference.

Guess the money is worth it.

Here's what I know.

He was the highest paid assistant in the country 2 years ago.

He and Chizik got in a major stir up mid-season last year and Gus immidiately went to his agent and asked out.

I'm excited because I know we will score points. He needs to let a big time defensive coordinator be allowed do his thing on defense though. The DC coordinator postion just got a lot less desirable though because the pace at which Malzahn's offense move the ball.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back