Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quarterbacks

That's quite the exclusive 43 member watch list. The "one of seven ACC" QBs really had me sold.

Good for short yardage situations and inside the 10. Sirk should never throw a football more than 10 yards at Duke again as long as Jones is healthy.

I knew Sirk would transfer out for his final year of eligibility once Daniel Jones received MVP and a vote of confidence from his teammates. Sirk announced today he was moving on. Good luck Thomas!

Coach Cut at the Teleconference yesterday:

"We focused on getting our squad better at every position. We have some talent and Quarterback returning."

"Concerns for us are the kicking game and that our offensive and defensive lines are taking it up another level."

On Daniel Jones; "He had not a good, but great spring. I'm anxious to see what level he can reach in year two."

"We feel one of our greater strengths of our team are the offensive skill players we have."

I'm really excited for Jones next year. Year two of the same offensive coordinator, as well as two and a half years within the program should enable him to have full grasp of the offensive playbook. His decision making was pretty damn good towards the end of the year, so hopefully that continues. And from what it seems, he seems like a pretty level-headed kid - not someone that is going to let success get to him.

dukeberto said:
I'm really excited for Jones next year. Year two of the same offensive coordinator, as well as two and a half years within the program should enable him to have full grasp of the offensive playbook. His decision making was pretty damn good towards the end of the year, so hopefully that continues. And from what it seems, he seems like a pretty level-headed kid - not someone that is going to let success get to him.

It's hard to believe Daniel Jones' rapid paced improvement. He was in the class of 2015 and gray-shirted sitting out and paying his own way that first Fall Semester, then getting a scholarship in the Spring of 2016. I remember Duke hosted 14 commits the same December weekend with Jones being the sole undecided and uncommitted, even though he was looking at a previous commitment to Princeton. Look at him now.

Getting a bit scared of the possibility of Jones leaving after this season.

6-5, probably runs a 4.7ish 40, built well to take hits, toughness in and out of the pocket. Will need to show more of a cannon. Accuracy shows signs of being good enough. Obviously the brains are top notch.

If he leaves after this season we'll likely have won 9-10 games. That would be some consolation.

In all likelihood, he'll stay at least one more season. I just don't see him going in the first round in 2018. I really hope he stays 4 years and leads Duke to an incredible victory over the invincible Alabama-Tuscaloosa on opening week, later beating Alabama-Huron to win the 2020 College Football Playoff.

The Twitters were talking about Jones pro potential today, and I share SM's concern. The season, which completely hinges on Jones' health, has a long way to go and a lot can happen. But if Jones gives Jackson a run for ACC POY, he will have millions of reasons to leave Durham early.

Getting a bit scared of the possibility of Jones leaving after this season.

6-5, probably runs a 4.7ish 40, built well to take hits, toughness in and out of the pocket. Will need to show more of a cannon. Accuracy shows signs of being good enough. Obviously the brains are top notch.

What pick in the first round does Kiper have him at?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back