Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2016-17 Discussion

1. I've always liked the classic Duke Colts uniforms.

2. I feel that a Duke Football Equipment Twitter account is unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to work during the game so look forward to reading the post-game reaction on here. Get the win Devils!

What I'm hoping for today:

1) good game management from Jones - don't turn the ball over, get rid of it if there's too much pressure, make the easy throws.

2) improvement from our defensive line - QB hurries/sacks without having to blitz and run contain

3) feed Jela and Shaun

4) steady special teams play. Devon will be great but I want to see how the new K and P play

Really hard to gauge the team based on one half. 2nd half was completely blah - I guess having the luxury of a 49-point lead does that to teams.

Not comparing him to Montana or Manning, but Jones has certainly spent many, many hours working on play fakes and running play action. He executes those quite well.

Duke is favored by 5 points at home against Wake Forest.

I knew Wake was trash. I didn't know Duke was trash as well.

I believe it opened at -8 or -7.5. Apparently a lot of money coming in on Wake's side, which doesn't really make sense given both teams' performances on opening weekend.

I think I pegged them at 5-7 somewhere in this site, but yeah, this loss automatically kicks that down to 4-8, and as a sign of the true quality of the team, it means 3-9 or even 2-10.

I don't think anyone really cares, except as it relates to recruiting. As long as we can keep the key commits and finish with a top 50 class coming in next season, we can weather this utter shit season.

Regarding the kicker disaster, at the very worst, Duke should be able to find a grad transfer kicker every season. If I'm a non-NFL-potential kicker (99% of college kickers) who redshirted at some point, a free Masters from Duke would be nice.

I'm not too bummed. This means one less sports team I will try to keep with for a full season. Probably won't watch another game live now unless Duke magically wins at Notre Dame to get me interested again.

Oops, put my celebratory Arkansas post in the wrong thread. Anyway, we can lock this one up now, right?

There is hope at Northwestern. They also lost Saturday to Illinois State 7-9 and are off to a 0-2 start this season. :roll:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back