Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2016-17 Discussion

Full game in 30 minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Sagarin projected spreads for the remaining games:

-9.5 v Virginia
-3.5 v Army
+24 @Louisville
+7.5 @Georgia Tech
+9.5 v Virginia Tech
+5.5 v North Carolina
+8 @Pittsburgh
+15 @Miami

Given that Sagarin is overrating Duke relative to Virginia by 6 points, it's safe to assume the rest of the spreads are being significantly favorable to Duke as well. Then again, Duke has a QB who should improve more than all other non-freshman QBs on the schedule.

If we consider @Louisville and @Miami to be completely unwinnable, then Duke's most reasonable path to a bowl is winning the next two vs Virginia and Army and winning 1 out of 4 among @GT, VT, UNC, @Pitt.

Seems odd that Sagarin has VPI as 4 pts better than UNC.

Duke is a 4 point favorite over uva. Sagarin only has Duke at -3.5 against Army? We beat them by like 40 last year in New York.

My Post-Virginia analysis is that Duke has a pretty dramatic drop off in ability and especially at tailback when Duncan is out. His blocking in the pass schemes is not replaceable right now. Wilson is a great runner but not as good a protection blocker and Ajeigbe is too small to stop a LB from blitzing. This led to UVA blitzing a lot and Daniel trying to make a throw he had no time to make and as a result cost Duke 5 INT's and one fumble. This also led to Schneider having to stay in to protect Jones instead of giving him another option to throw which meant no outlet except down the field. On defense Duke seems to give up one huge play every game and the UVA game was no different. Edwards is also hard to replace. When the key players are lost for the season or even a big game the depth drops off to Freshman and redshirt freshman in many cases. This is the low ebb year and we kind of knew that going into it replacing 7 or 8 starters on both sides of the ball. But when you lose key position 5th year Seniors it drops off dramatically. Duke will get better but with a bunch of growing pains along the way. That was evident against Virginia.

Duke Football 2016: At least we beat Notre Dame

Thain said:
Not looking forward to tonights game.

I'll watch the first half and then go to bed early so I can wake up tomorrow morning acting like it never happened.

dukeberto said:
Thain said:
Not looking forward to tonights game.

I'll watch the first half and then go to bed early so I can wake up tomorrow morning acting like it never happened.

pretty much the same here.

Great job.

Fucked over.

9 years ago this is 70-7.

Fucked over.

Nash and whatever the punters name is have broken collarbones.

The Blue Devil could have gotten a little more work/detail, but overall I like the concept. That gray is pretty sharp IMO.

Duncan injured his Achilles celebrating on the sideline. Surgery on Monday.

Until today I was going to recommend that Coach Cut pull some help from the basketball team.

Full game in 30 minutes:

Last edited by a moderator:
It says a lot when the team votes a Redshirt Freshman MVP after his first season at QB. Daniel Jones has the team's confidence. I'm hoping that shows up in wins next season.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back