Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke @ Pittsburgh

dukeman92

Role Player
Hopefully those guys are still celebrating the Clemson win. Duke needs this game.

Didn't Blewitt blow it against Duke last year?

That was two years ago in Pittsburgh, Zack. I was actually in attendance for that one. Sirk won it in OT with a QB keeper.

I went to that 58-55 game in the rain 3 seasons ago. That was unbelievable.

physicsfactor said:
I anticipate Conner breaking Pitt's single game rushing record

The Defense has played better lately. Performed admirably against Carolina last week.

They did. Could have easily folded like that last Thursday night Duke-UNC game. Great adjustments. Was also nice to see the offense dig into the playbook a little.

Yes. They showed a bit of innovation. Sorely lacking all year... and the offensive line had improved quite a bit. Too bad Duncan is hurt.

Gotta work tomorrow during the game, hopefully Duke's able to get the win. It would be pretty impressive in a rebuilding season to still get to a bowl game.

Injury Report - Pitt

Duke vs. Pittsburgh

November 17, 2016

PROBABLE

OG Zach Baker (leg)

OG Zach Harmon (upper body)

OUT

CB Breon Borders (hip)

WR Anthony Nash (clavicle)

P Austin Parker (clavicle)

OUT FOR SEASON

LB Tinashe Bere (leg)

RB Jela Duncan (leg)

S DeVon Edwards (leg)

S Javon Jackson (foot)

DT Zach Morris (leg)

QB Thomas Sirk (leg)

Re: Injury Report - Pitt

Dm, we try to keep the boards relatively clean so I merged the injury thread I to the game thread. Thanks for posting that.

aiw said:
I went to that 58-55 game in the rain 3 seasons ago. That was unbelievable.

One of the most unbelievable games I've ever seen. Both teams agreeing to play their 3rd string defense was really unprecedented.

6_4948056.jpg

Pitt offense averages 37.6 points per game which is 3rd in ACC. Pitt defenses gives up 35.2 points per game which is dead last in the ACC. Our offense must efficiently execute long, time consuming, points producing drives which keeps the Pitt offense on the sideline.

Well, we've shown against Louisville and North Carolina that we can do that... I'll echo my sentiments from last week. If don't turn the ball over, we win.

And welcome, NavyBob!

dukeman92 said:
Well, we've shown against Louisville and North Carolina that we can do that... I'll echo my sentiments from last week. If don't turn the ball over, we win.

And welcome, NavyBob!

Thanks!

I posted in a couple of places prior to the Carolina game that Daniel Jones would have to put the offense on his shoulders and carry them. He did that and we won. The same goes for today. If Jones has a good game, and we don't turn it over, we will win.

New people, we usually discuss the game in chat, but feel free to post here as well.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back