Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke @ Pittsburgh

I think we will see a play today where Conner has all 11 defensive guys on him and he drags them in.

I know. Usually no one posts much here so that post would work no matter the outcome of the game.

Appears from checking the score at work that this game has not gone as hoped. Damn.

Welcome, Lexing.

I thought the boys would actually show up today. Shameful performance.

Welcome to the board!

So I didn't get to watch at all but was it a case of Pittsburgh being that much better or Duke playing so horrible it made them look like world beaters?

Also I see the kicker missed another field goal, how far out was it and was it anywhere close to making it?

Thanks for the welcome. It's hard to know where to begin to describe our ineptitude today. Coach Cut was very critical when interviewed at halftime. We could not run the ball, Shaun fumbled twice, they ran all over us (and it was not just Conner), and they threw to wide open receivers over and over. Only good things I noticed were that Bryon Fields had a pick six and it is evident that Daniel Jones is going to be a great quarterback. As for the kicking, Reed made two xps and missed a 31 yarder very wide right. Daniel Jones appeared to be our best punter.

Thanks for the recap, sounds like it was brutal to watch. When a 31 yard field goal is being missed badly, it may be time to move on from that kicker, jeez.

The problem with finding a new kicker is that there are only about 25 legitimately good kickers in the world. All of them play in the NFL.

I would be willing to bet that there are 15 dudes on the Duke soccer team that can make XP's and most FG's out to about 40 yards. My high school football team always used soccer players for kickers, and this was in the 80's.

rhfarmer said:
I would be willing to bet that there are 15 dudes on the Duke soccer team that can make XP's and most FG's out to about 40 yards. My high school football team always used soccer players for kickers, and this was in the 80's.

A kid who was a year younger than me when I was in high school did this. He had no real training but could kick the ball further than anyone I've ever seen. Ended up with a football scholarship to a small school and a few years later gets drafted into the NFL. 10 years later I still can't believe how far he could kick the ball even when you see him kicking on Sundays.

Greg the Leg though he missed one today apparently for the Rams.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back