Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coaching Carousel -- 2012-2013 Edition

rhfarmer said:
Who do they expect to come coach there?
You have to understand that last time they stole an NFL head coach in the middle of his season. That plus the amount of money Arkansas is willing to put into football can make the expectations a little unrealistic. I think people were expecting a home run hire that shocked some folks around the country and really brought some energy to the fanbase.

Also, I think people are just skeptical about his background and his coaching style being a good fit in the SEC.

lol what a colossal Fuck You to the Big Ten from Bielema.

How quickly he changed his tune on the SEC...

Personally, I think Bielema is pretty much a shit coach. Stupid move by Arky, and stupid move by Bielema.

BTW, that sound you just heard was Urban Meyer pre-emptively celebrating the 10 consecutive Big 10 titles he's about to win...

Malzahn to AU was a no-brainer. They had him on 'The Experts' panel on the U a couple of weeks ago when they were talking about the various coaching vacancies, and he was EXTREMELY bullish on AU being an awesome job.

It was then that I knew that he was going to end up there.

I just don't see Bielema's ultraconservative style working at Arkansas. Yeah, you can hand it off every play and just lock down on D when you are at a school like Bama, LSU, Georgia, or even South Carolina that can pull in stud talent every year. But at Arkansas? We're seriously wanting to line up against Bama and LSU's 4 and 5 stars and try to beat them at their own game with 2 and 3 star talent? SMFH. I don't get this.

I would like to know who all other than Chris Petersen turned down Arkansas. There's no way they spent all this time since April looking around the coaching scene and landed on Bret Bielema unless quite a few options fell through.

physicsfactor said:
I just don't see Bielema's ultraconservative style working at Arkansas. Yeah, you can hand it off every play and just lock down on D when you are at a school like Bama, LSU, Georgia, or even South Carolina that can pull in stud talent every year. But at Arkansas? We're seriously wanting to line up against Bama and LSU's 4 and 5 stars and try to beat them at their own game with 2 and 3 star talent? SMFH. I don't get this.

I would like to know who all other than Chris Petersen turned down Arkansas. There's no way they spent all this time since April looking around the coaching scene and landed on Bret Bielema unless quite a few options fell through.

I think the bolded is almost definitely true. I think they saw a strong possibility that the music was about to stop and they'd have no chair to sit in.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about that hire for Auburn, but I've never been a huge Malzahn fan. I like it for my boy Drinkwitz though.

If Fedora goes to Tennessee, is there anyone UNC can hire as an upgrade?

Al Golden is turning down Big Ten football to stay with ACC football.

The demise and the shittiness of the ACC was probably overstated.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back