Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Recruiting

Yes! I have no idea what happened to Reed's confidence, who was a Top 20 kicker coming in.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Oh, that was in March. Rowe retweeted something that confused me. They got an in-state TE today who is 3 stars.

Cutcliffe just got another 3-star LB in Rocky Shelton to boost them up to 21 overall in recruiting. But i don't put a whole lot of stock in whether a guy has stars by his name or not. Duke has to stay healthy to be successful. That's the bottom line.

Inveigle said:
Oh, that was in March. Rowe retweeted something that confused me. They got an in-state TE today who is 3 stars.

Cutcliffe just got another 3-star LB in Rocky Shelton to boost them up to 21 overall in recruiting. But i don't put a whole lot of stock in whether a guy has stars by his name or not. Duke has to stay healthy to be successful. That's the bottom line.

Mmm, I don't know. I think having stars by your name is good. Duke recruits used to not have stars by their names, and Duke lost like 106 games in a row. Now Duke recruits have stars next to their names, and we only suck like every 3rd or 4th year.

rhfarmer said:
Inveigle said:

Mmm, I don't know. I think having stars by your name is good. Duke recruits used to not have stars by their names, and Duke lost like 106 games in a row. Now Duke recruits have stars next to their names, and we only suck like every 3rd or 4th year.

My point is Duke is one guy deep with 3-star players. Last season they led the nation in surgeries. And yes I like lot's of stars next to guys Cut recruits also. Football is enjoyable again.

Duke is putting together a really solid ACC class. I hope Cut holds on to most of these guys. New early signing period may help.

Having watched their film, here is how I'd rate our commitments as of May 15th:

1. Tahj Rice
2. Taiyon Palmer
3. Dennis Smith
4. Casey Holman
5. Shaka Heyward
6. Rocky Shelton
7. Gunnar Holmberg
8. Zamari Ellis
9. Jeremiah Lewis
10. Jake Bobo

1 and 2 are good prospects. They will probably end up in the League. 3-5 are decent. 6-8 are scholarship worthy but have major flaws. I will be surprised if 9 or 10 contribute much in Durham.

5 TDs on 10 carries is impressive, but I'll just go ahead and assume he was playing against the same 5 little white kids that Semi Ojeleye was dominating in high school.

Palmer was the highest rated commitment in the class of 2018 for Duke and had remained steady in his decision since announcing his verbal commitment in September of 2016. Prior to his Duke pledge the Georgia prospect had offers from a number of power five programs including Cincinnati, Indiana, Minnesota, Purdue, Virginia and Virginia Tech.

What really sucks is going head to head we should win some of these recruits. But especially VT and UVA. This guy is from Georgia. What the hell does he want to even consider Purdue, Cincy, Indiana, and Minnesota?

The QB(Sears) last season was an anomaly because we never get California guys much less a 4 star quality recruit at QB.

Unreal.

Tahj Rice is absolutely a better recruit, regardless of ratings - I'll be devastated if we lose him. However, this does fucking suck. Every damn year, man. Petite was brutal as well.

Just saw a tweet saying we've joined the race for Rice's teammate Jairus Brents, who is a freak of a 4-star DB, and are in his top four. I have no reason to think we'll land him, but that would make this all better.

Lastly, UNC's top recruit, a 5-star LB from Hillsborough, just flipped to State yesterday, so at least there's that.

That's a good get. I think you can call what we have with OSU a pipeline at this point. I hope we get all of their rejects. Makes sense from a player perspective, too - once you've been humbled by OSU, knowing you're not going to be a stud NFL prospect, you can move onto a school that can set you up a bit better for non-NFL life.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back