Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wait til next year

Re: 5-1!!!!!

Punch and pie at 5 PM on Fridays. The Member's Only jacket has to be picked up in person in the alley behind our data center.

Didn't he want to convert Paul Asack into a linebacker or some such insane thing?

FYI:

Hello Duke Fans!

It is an exciting time in Duke Athletics, with our football team off to a 5-1 start, and another action-packed basketball season just around the corner. We want to invite you to share in our excitement by offering a special package for two upcoming events.

For just $50, you can receive a ticket to Countdown to Craziness presented by PNC on Friday, Oct. 19 at 8:00 pm, AND a ticket to the Duke vs. UNC football game on Saturday, Oct. 20 at 7:00 pm. On Friday, be here for the first look at our 2012-2013 Men's Basketball team and witness the high-flying slam dunk contest, player introductions, and the team scrimmage at Countdown to Craziness presented by PNC. Then, on Saturday, see the Blue Devils, who are off to their best start in football since 1994, take on rival North Carolina at 7:00 pm. See both of these exciting events for just $50!

There are only a limited number of tickets available for this special package, so call the Duke Ticket Sales now office at (919) 681-BLUE to reserve your tickets today. Make sure you don't miss this opportunity!

Go Duke!

Need one of these. Under every piece of clothes is the name of a better and better bowl

ML_display_image.jpg

My only goal for the rest of the season outside of another win for a bowl is to maintain some semblance of this progress/confident/momentum that we are currently enjoying. As great as everything seems now, I'm a little concerned about the state of the team if they lose 5 or 6 out of the last 6. If they could sprinkle, say, two more wins in and then close the season on a high note with a bowl and everything that would mean, it would be so huge going forward for a lot of reasons.

At this point, I really just want to survive the rest of the season without taking a step back.

Told my wife I couldn't take the kids to soccer this am b/c I need to watch Duke try for bowl eligibility.

She didn't believe me.

Yeah, that sounds made up. She's probably in the crawlspace looking for your secret cell phone right now.

Re: 5-2!!!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/f ... index.html

WTF?????????????????

H. Anderson
The Blue Devils will shake off their ill-fated upset attempt at Virginia Tech to take the Coastal Division, make an appearance in the ACC Championship Game (where, presumably, they will not face current Atlantic leader Maryland, but boy howdy, have we ever been wrong about the ACC before) and earn a respectable bowl bid.

Laughing/crying thinking about how this thread will be named "5-6!!!!!" with all the exclamation points intact going into the final game, and then locked when they go to 5-7.

lol, I knew exactly what this post was going to say when I clicked on it. It's going to be such a sad progression... maybe we should kill off one exclamation point per loss.

We have the perfect number of them to do it

Anyway to watch the ESPNU special that aired on Tuesday?

I accept personal responsibility for Duke's loss at Tech. I started streaming the game at work, we were up 20-6. Everyone knows how it went from there. If I continue to ignore Duke football, we will continue to win.

rhfarmer said:
I accept personal responsibility for Duke's loss at Tech. I started streaming the game at work, we were up 20-6. Everyone knows how it went from there. If I continue to ignore Duke football, we will continue to win.

No it's my fault. As soon as we went up 20-0, I tweeted to dukefb something about going to a bowl.

Therefore, I took it upon myself to schedule a date with my wife tomorrow night. At 7:00. Dinner and a movie so I can't watch any of the game and jinx us.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back