Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Recruiting

Picked Duke over Penn State I heard. My roommate is a Penn State fan, I shared the news with him.

They got another guy from Shabazz Muhammad and Shaquille Powell's high school - Ryan Smith, WR, 3-star Rivals. Switched from New Mexico. Offer list is not impressive.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Sounds like Rivals 3-star TE, Aaron Batten, will commit to Duke at some point.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/duke/football/r ... ten-142222

That would give Cutcliffe 12 Rivals 3-stars in 2013. Almost all of them are of the 5.5 rating variety, though, right at the 3-star cutoff.

Supposedly there were academic issues and it didn't happen (it was going to be last weekend).

Sounds like the main target for the last spot is Elijah George http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Elijah-George-130889. He's only a two-star but should be higher - started recruiting process really late and his visit to Duke last weekend was his first anywhere. We were apparently the frontrunner (and he really liked his visit), but then Oregon just offered and he's visiting there this weekend or something, so that will probably mean two recruits and a coach that Oregon has now stolen from us this year. There's also a 3-star LB named Nigel-something that we're trying to get on campus.

The WR recruit (Ryan Smith) is only 5'7 165. He runs a 4.4 though and set a bunch of Nevada receiving records. No clue how he'll pan out.

Fucking Oregon, they got him. Should have been our steal.

Oregon: Cutcliffe :: Roy:K, except that it doesn't quite work out so well in this case...

I'm going to assume Duke football isn't winning recruiting battles with Oregon, Alabama, Notre Dame, etc. during my lifetime.

So basically it's going to be a boring as hell signing day if everything goes as planned now.

Is a Duncan or Rayner like pickup out of the question?

Time for my annual 15 minutes of caring about football recruiting. Is our class worth a damn?

DrKlahn said:
Time for my annual 15 minutes of caring about football recruiting. Is our class worth a damn?

Some great receivers and cornerbacks.

That's about it

If anyone attending the signing day event wanted to provide a recap, that'd be sweet.

Rollins said:
DrKlahn said:

Some great receivers and cornerbacks.

That's about it

Sometimes I feel like that's all you need these days. BCS baby!

The good thing about this class seems to be a lot depth of guys with offer sheets to indicate actual, ACC-level talent. Bad thing is that we didn't really hit any hit any homeruns, although we did beat out schools like Michigan, PSU, Clemson and S. Carolina for a couple guys.

I have high hopes for all the backs.

We probably need to take 8-9 lineman next year. 4 OL & 5 DL

Never been a better opportunity in recent times to have success in those areas.

Pants- do you have any in depth analysis on guys you think won't red shirt next year?

Duke just beat out every NC school + UVA + probably Clemson for an enormous 2014 OL named Trip McNeill. Really great start to the class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super impressed by this kid,

Especially his haircut.

Does he project as more of a tackle or guard?

Something about the combo of his picture and the quote ("I found what I was looking for") in the TDD article cracks me up.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back