Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wait til next year

Re: 5-1!!!!!

He fell coming back from a timeout too

Actual bowl reps talking about Duke in the Charlotte Bowl (whatever it's called now) is a bit crazy.

Literally every game on the remainder of the schedule is the most important duke football game in two decades.

DurhamSon said:
Literally every game on the remainder of the schedule is the most important duke football game in two decades.
That's why I was insisting that the UVA game is so important. Sets the team up for the kind of support that they haven't felt in a long, long time. Hopefully they're also getting comfortable winning games. Sounds weird, I know.

Pantone287 said:
bfactor said:

lol Boone... elite college athlete who played an incredible game Saturday, except he was 0-2 in attempting to jog across the field without falling flat on his face. Everyone has their flaws.

LOL, so glad this was clarified for me. I looked back on the field at one point and I see him getting off the ground while he was on his way to the huddle. I didn't know if he was doing push ups or what.

bfactor said:
DurhamSon said:
That's why I was insisting that the UVA game is so important. Sets the team up for the kind of support that they haven't felt in a long, long time. Hopefully they're also getting comfortable winning games. Sounds weird, I know.

Hopefully this actually comes to fruition. Attendance seems to be surprisingly inelastic to performance.

Chib, I was worried that he had gotten a concussion when he busted his ass coming from the huddle. He'd just gotten rocked by a head shot on a run, and Renfree had put his helmet on and come over to the huddle like he was going to have to come in. Apparently he's just not good at running short distances without falling over, though.

the board looks great. Fired up to be 5-1. Apprehensive about being 39-1 versus our remaining schedule in last few years.

Pantone287 said:
Chib, I was worried that he had gotten a concussion when he busted his *** coming from the huddle. He'd just gotten rocked by a head shot on a run, and Renfree had put his helmet on and come over to the huddle like he was going to have to come in. Apparently he's just not good at running short distances without falling over, though.

I now remember being worried about a possible concussion as well. It was just strange looking back at the field and seeing him picking himself up off the ground.

It's great to see these kids get some early confidence let's see what they can do with it. Go Duke!

Awesome new board. Thanks to the guys who made this happen. On topic, I talked to Walt Canty today and congratulated him on the win and asked him if we were gonna be playing some December football... He said that we were, and unlike in past years when I've talked to him, he didn't just sound hopeful, he sounded very confident as if he knew it was 100% gonna happen. I love seeing these guys walk around campus with that type of confidence. Everyone was saying how much better they looked during the pre-season, and they haven't backed off of their bowl expectations coming into the season one bit, even after the Stanford game.

Nice story. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the board

5-1 is just so unfathomable for me still in any context. We went winless my frosh year.

In my four years working for the team we went 2-9, 1-10, 0-12, and 1-11. We've won more games this year than in my whole four years. Cut for president.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back