Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Recruiting

Is this a great face for a lineman or what? :lol:

JAKE-SANDERS-3_1_16_150.JPG

It seems like Duke is slowly racking up a real solid class of all, or nearly all, three star guys. Shaping up to be the best in the Cut era. Hope the commits are solid.

Heck yeah! A class full of 3-stars would be incredible for Duke. Linebacker is definitely a position of need.

Supposedly big time WR Johnathan Lloyd just picked Duke.

Pants, what do you think of him?

Apparently he'll be playing QB? Seems odd if we still target Pierre as our top guy

Normallly I'd think this is the type of guy Duke would end up losing before signing day, but since he already has all of those offers, maybe not. I know he's ranked highly as an "athlete", but one were to rank him purely as a QB, any idea where he might stand?

Just don't see where QB snaps are coming from anywhere in the next 4 seasons with Sirk, Parker B, Quan, and Douglass.

Truthfully, I wish we'd gap a year in recruiting QBs and go after a big talent in 15 or 16

Rollins said:
Just don't see where QB snaps are coming from anywhere in the next 4 seasons with Sirk, Parker B, Quan, and Douglass.

You think Douglas and Chambers will stay at QB? I thought we recruited Douglas at WR, at least. Either way, neither were exactly top QB recruits.

This is sort of a confusing one to me, though. On the one hand, I fully trust an offer sheet with ND, OSU, etc. over my own snap judgment. But, OTOH, if I'd seen nothing but his measurables and tape, I would not be at all impressed - just under 6', not a burner, doesn't blow you away with his arm. Would be really interested in hearing a scouting report or something, because whenever I try to ask on TDD everyone gets defensive.

Like, I don't really get what Pierre doesn't do better than him at QB, though?

Actually, looks like his junior highlights went up today, and he does look a lot better in them: .

Still though, I kind of worry that the offer sheet is a little misleading if he was mainly recruited as a DB or WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rowe's personal coverage of the football program has been so superior to the non existent coverage on TDD.

Im interviewing Chris Taylor tonight. Let me know if you have any legit questions.

Sweet. I'd be interested to hear his current 40 time - he's listed as a 4.5 and that may well be right, but he looks a little faster to me.

He's also made some interesting comments about being firmly committed to Duke, but that if an equally impressive academic program like Stanford or Vandy came calling, he implied he would still consider them. Not really sure what a specific question would be about that, but it was sort of a strange thing to say the day he committed.

So the exchange I had with Taylor was pretty damn interesting. He brings a fantastic mindset in that he finds Duke's combo of academics and athletics to be unparalleled and has the confidence and desire to be "one of the greatest to ever leave that place." I didn't get an updated 40 time but he looks damn fast on tape and he's got a big reputation as a burner. He is also apparently up to 6'2" now. If he adds a little bit of weight he'll be a FANTASTIC deep threat guy, similar to Eron Riley imo.

http://balldurham.com/2013/06/06/duke-c ... s-records/

Good stuff - glad to hear him saying he's very firm. Legit 6'2 with his speed is exciting.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back