Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wait til next year

Re: 5-1!!!!!

I remember going to home games during those years berto...I would be pretty excited if we were within 2 TDs going into the fourth quarter. This has been an incredible turnaround, and I think we're finally getting some real ACC-level talent into the program (Duncan, Powell, Crowder and Boone are all going to be studs for the next two+ years in my opinion). I hope we can capitalize on this start and win some recruiting battles this year too.

If Duke gets to a bowl on top of the renovations, then we should have some sexy recruiting momentum going into the spring.

3-8

8-4 (last 2 losses before bowl: Sat, Nov 12 N.C. State * 19 - Raleigh, N.C. 23 - 24 (L) Sat, Nov 19 North Carolina * 25 - Durham, N.C. 40 - 41 (L)). IIRC, we were beating State 20-0. We were leading UNC in a back and forth awesome game until OCtavius Barnes scored on a late 70 yarder. We missed 69 yard FG as time exipred

3-8

0-11

0-11
2-10
4-8
2-9
1-10 during my "RS SR" year.

(I got a social promotion)

It's still confusing to me when we don't rush the field at the end of every home win. I realize that it doesn't make sense to do that against Memphis these days, it's just force of habit.

Duke won 22 games while I was in 1st through 12th grade.

Duke has won 16 through 3 1/2 seasons while I no longer live in Durham

Rollins said:
Duke won 22 games while I was in 1st through 12th grade.

Duke has won 16 through 3 1/2 seasons while I no longer live in Durham

Fire Cut

DurhamSon said:
Bring on the Shadow staff.

I was definitely drinking that juice after the Richmond loss last year. Last season was hard.

It's just mind-boggling to me that I attended our last bowl game, AND I WAS STILL A FRIGGIN' UNDERGRAD AT THE TIME.

NOD said:
It's just mind-boggling to me that I attended our last bowl game, AND I WAS STILL A FRIGGIN' UNDERGRAD AT THE TIME.

Also crazy that several current players were busy being born during that season.

Pantone287 said:
NOD said:

Also crazy that several current players were busy being born during that season.

OK. I hate you now.

All this "underrated" talk is going to overrate us and were going to get crushed when VT beats us by 20+

Topher said:
All this "underrated" talk is going to overrate us and were going to get crushed when VT beats us by 20+

This is unfortunately what I see happening.

I'm loving Coach Cutcliffe's tweets today. Just awesome.

Shadow staff! Forgot about that madness. If southfloridadevil is allowed to post here. I am out. Funny that TDD protected the serial Fire cut, stanford-only discussions, and banned me dozens of times for defending the team/coach. I am still committed to revenge against certain moderators.

He'll never live down the Asack/linebacker comments. He PM'ed me with further silliness once or twice. What a strange vibe they created over there.

He has a lot to live down, but doesn't seem that there is any recognition or contrition for his multitude of inane nonsense. I kept some of the gems.

Back in October 2010, SFD was projecting (hoping?) Duke would go 1-11, and wrote "I think this depends on how long we suffer with Cutcliffe, if this, such as 1-11 this season, is how this pans out .... I think you are quite right to question whether if Cut bombs, might the school reconsider its support Football, or might the school consider joining the Big East, going independent, and or dropping Football. I think any of these are possibilities." This was passed off as a legitimate, rational argument.

He started/hijacked dozensof threads promoting Zack Asack over Thad Lewis. Then he posted dozens of times promoting Paulus over Thad. SFD said that no NFL scouts thought Thad would make it in the NFL. Then he was also promoting Connette as better than Renfree.

However, if anyone called SFD the moron that he is, they got banned by the aGDevil.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back