Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2013 Discussion Thread

Notre Dame just lost to Pitt by one score and beat Navy by one score in the last two weeks. They can't be THAT much better than us.

A little late to the bowl discussion from last week but I'd also point out that while a better chance of a bowl win is nice, the payouts for Sun Bowl, Citrus Bowl, etc. are a major step up from the shittier ACC tie-ins that we'll be in line for in most eligible years. The difference can be as much as $4.5M to $1.1M. Maybe I'm greedy or misunderstanding some things, but wouldn't it help our program to go to a big-time, legit bowl (win or lose) than to win one of the Participation Ribbon games that nobody respects anyway? We'll have plenty of opportunities to win the Military and Belk bowls going forward, but rare will be a chance to play in the Citrus, Sun, Peach, etc.

And yeah, the coaches poll thing was weird. I assumed it was a mistake at first.

bfactor said:
A little late to the bowl discussion from last week but I'd also point out that while a better chance of a bowl win is nice, the payouts for Sun Bowl, Citrus Bowl, etc. are a major step up from the shittier ACC tie-ins that we'll be in line for in most eligible years. The difference can be as much as $4.5M to $1.1M. Maybe I'm greedy or misunderstanding some things, but wouldn't it help our program to go to a big-time, legit bowl (win or lose) than to win one of the Participation Ribbon games that nobody respects anyway? We'll have plenty of opportunities to win the Military and Belk bowls going forward, but rare will be a chance to play in the Citrus, Sun, Peach, etc.

I may be wrong, but I think that all bowl payouts are combined and divided equally, so it would help marginally, financially. That is why Duke always wanted 2 BCS teams from the conference, even when we weren't in a bowl.

Complete brain freeze, forgot about revenue sharing. I'm a bowl noob.

bfactor said:

You're right about the prestige aspect. Everyone still associate 'Peach Bowl' with the Chik-fil-a bowl etc.

bfactor said:

Not that it matters, but what would be best for the conference would be for Duke to win whatever bowl they're in. Which isn't happening if it is against one of the SEC robo-teams.

We don't have anyone that can beat their SEC matchup, anyways, from what I have seen. Unless it's something like ACC #3 vs SEC #10. Then, maybe?

Jason Sehorn on CFB Daily is pretty incredulous at how we control our destiny.

So Cut has a Coaches Poll vote, but hasn't used it to vote for Duke yet. He will now.

This is what makes beating them in anything so much more pleasurable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to look up our statistics by quarters or halves. What's the most comprehensive CFB stat website? Can't seem to find any sites so far, but surely stats like that are being tracked by someone out there?

The main thing to take away is that we've beaten two schools that recruit from the deep end of the big boy pool.

And there it is

idotDww.png

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom