Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 11/30, Noon, ESPN2

DrKlahn

All American
The last time Duke successfully defended the Bell, this was in the news:

403px-BerlinWall-BrandenburgGate.jpg

The same day, Peter Tom Willis led independent Florida State to a win over Memphis State. About a week later, Bobby Hurley played his first college basketball game.

This series was once 35-30-4 in favor of North Carolina. It is now 56-32-4 in favor of North Carolina. During this time, UNC's record against teams not named Duke has been 139-125-1 (.527)--about as average as it gets and probably worse than that when you consider the cupcake games. Um, the other cupcake games, that is.

So, to future generations who come upon this website, that is the reason for our angst.

Carolina by either 1 or 48.

Re: North Carolina-Chapel Hill

Winning has become so addictive.

I want this next win more than any Duke game short of a championship game, maybe ever.

Bigger than an Elite Eight game.

I believe Duke wins next week and then against FSU.

Have you watched FSU? I'm still nervous because I've seen too many good FSU teams squander great seasons in one game, but this FSU team is damn good. If Jameis gets charged, then we'll see. This FSU defense is legit, man.

I think we win next week. I love Duke and cannot be happier with how this season has gone. I see very few ways for Duke to beat FSU. I still have hope but just don't see it.

UNC-CHeat! Right, guys?!

I now hate myself.

JohaadDBC said:
Have you watched FSU? I'm still nervous because I've seen too many good FSU teams squander great seasons in one game, but this FSU team is damn good. If Jameis gets charged, then we'll see. This FSU defense is legit, man.

I believe this Duke team is a team of destiny and that a bizarre occurrence (like Winston getting charged) will occur prior to the game allowing Duke the opportunity to win the game.

I'll guess UNC by 4 as the spread. Duke was 2.5 points better on Sagarin before UNC won by 60 over Old Dominion. I think that gap will be smaller now and UNC is trending better. They have more talent. Duke needs the same Boone that showed up against Wake. Martin needs to be perfect.

Both NumberFire and TeamRankings calling a Pick 'Em

From IC via Sagarin:

attribution

home = +3.57

UNC 45 75.75
-------------------

SoCar 18 84.97 L
MTSU 93 63.34 W
GaT 28 79.77 L
ECU 47 75.30 L
VaT 31 79.00 L
Miami 42 76.03 L
BC 56 72.39 W
moo 100 61.73 W
UVa 97 62.36 W
Pitt 54 72.93 W
ODU 128 56.72 W
dook 40 76.90 (W)

The predictor, which often closely matches the opening betting line, has UNC at 77.44 (36) and dook at 76.82 (39) with a home advantage of 3.73. UNC by 4.35 points.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:

I agree with that, maybe even higher

Last edited by a moderator:

With the way unc fans are acting I want so badly to stomp their asses into the ground. I just read one post on IC where the guy actually thinks they will hang 60 on us easily.

Well they did put 80 on ODU. 60 on Duke in the first half seems reasonable.

Re: North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 11/28, Noon, ESPN2

Line is as high as 6.5 now. Mostly 6. Despite all that Cut has done, and despite UNC missing its starting QB, Duke is still little brother. It would have been completely unrealistic to expect it to have turned already. Nonetheless, it is disappointing to know that Duke will lose this game.

Fixed the date. I hope none of you were like wtf this afternoon.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back