Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The ACC Championship Game: #1 Florida State vs. Duke

Re: The ACC Championship Game: Florida State vs. Duke

CK86 said:
Don't worry, Winston will get arrested this week, Duke will pull off the upset and be playing in a BCS bowl game. Team of destiny, believe!

That promo ESPN keeps showing is getting me slightly more than dead about this game. I don't want to believe. Bigger upsets happen every year or two, though. I'd be satisfied if FSU leads by 20 by the end of the 1st quarter because I'd get to stop watching.

Had a dream last night that Winston was arrested before the game and that we beat the hell out of FSU. Had a similar dream before the Miami game. Makes me feel a lot better about sitting in the rain in Charlotte on Saturday.

Hulk Hogan picked Duke to win. Whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania (Duke) run wild on you!?!

Those accusations against Winston in the search warrant seem pretty sketchy to me. After seeing that, I don't know how you would get a conviction.

And they are painting over "Carolina", so this couldn't be any better.

I'm probably not going to go now because I'm mildly sick and want to get healthy for the next few weeks. Fuck me. Hate myself so much.

Plenty of upper deck seats still available on StubHub. Cheaper on Duke side, too. And I hear there's a free Chick-Fil-A sandwich to go with the ticket. Urgh, really wish I could be there.

So are any if you fools in Charlotte tonight or tomorrow? Just got in and staying a couple of blocks from the stadium

Wish I could go, planning on taking off work early and getting drunk while watching a Duke victory!

What do you say if you are Cutcliffe leading up to this game? How do you get your players to believe for one second that they can beat FSU?

rhfarmer said:
What do you say if you are Cutcliffe leading up to this game? How do you get your players to believe for one second that they can beat FSU?
Wonder if they've watched "Miracle" at all this week.

"You have to give them something to believe in, you have to be the hope"

The alternative? Something like, "we aren't the team duke fans deserve, but the one they need" (copyright Gary Oldman)

It is like I told someone this morning. History is littered with stories of David beating Goliath. Miracle on Ice, Duke/UNLV, App St/Michigan are just a few of these instances. This game isn't won in the papers, by the media or the naysayers. It is won on the field. Duke has been proving the naysayers wrong all damn year. This team has already written itself into the history books but think of the story, the legacy, they could leave behind by finding a way to win this game. Our kids kids will be telling the story of this Duke team if they can pull this off. Win or lose I am damn proud of this team. They have changed a culture.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back