Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Honorary Physicsfactor Bowl Discussion Thread

Re: Duke Bowl Game Discussion

Texas A&M is favored by 11-12 points.

Florida State is favored by 8.5-9.5 points.

ESPN preview
[Duke's] good - they're not SEC good.

The panel spends majority of 3:30 preview talking about Manziel.

At least we got this:

Duke's got some great special-teamers too, Crowder and Edwards. They'll have to make some big plays for them.
And Boone and Crowder too, can make some plays against an A&M defense...that still has some glaring weaknesses

Last edited by a moderator:

With how poor our pass rush can be, I don't see how Duke slows Manziel at all. He is so good at scrambling to keep plays alive until a receiver comes open.

Which DB should Duke try on Evans?

I actually don't think our "pass rush" has been poor. I think it has been designed to be more of a contain rather than a true pass rush. This would make sense given how many mobile but not as great passers we have seen. Granted, it has been poor that sometimes the contain breaks down and we give up lots of yardage (see: Wake Forest). But I truly think that our defensive strategy has been, make sure the QB stays in a pocket, beats you with his arm, or if he tries to scramble he's going straight at the LBs rather than to the edge.

Cockrell and a safety need to be double covering Evans on pretty much every play.

Kelby to spy Manziel all night?

Play nickel with bump-and-run and dare him to beat us with his feet?

BCS champions! :D

new-america-abcs-graphic2.jpg

All 35 bowl games from best to worst
11. Chick-fil-A Bowl, Dec. 31 (ESPN, 8 p.m. ET): No. 21 Texas A&M (8-4) vs. No. 24 Duke (10-3)

It seems only fitting that college football will ring in the new year with what figures to be Aggies quarterback Johnny Manziel's final college game. The reigning Heisman Trophy winner was nearly as good as he was last season, throwing for 3,732 yards with 33 touchdowns and running for 686 yards with eight TDs in 2013. Texas A&M's defense is bad enough -- and Duke's offense is good enough -- to possibly turn this game into a shootout. The Blue Devils won the ACC's Coastal Division for the first time and are playing in bowl games in back-to-back seasons for the first time in school history.

#6 most-anticipated non-BCS bowl.

Announcers.........uhh.......announced today by ESPN.

8 p.m. Chick-fil-A Bowl: No. 24 Duke vs. No. 21 Texas A&M

TV: Rece Davis, Jesse Palmer, David Pollack & Samantha Ponder
Radio: Dave Neal, Andre Ware & Cara Capuano

ESPN & ESPN Radio

I think we get smashed.

Re: :(

Duke was on the Texas A&M side of the field on every single possession tonight.

I'm at peace with Duke as a fringe legit ranked team. Just wanted 6-6 this season and whatever in the bowl. What Cut will do in his remaining years here isn't in doubt - this will be a fringe top 25 team until he is gone, barring key injuries like Maryland. The only thing I worry about with this program now is who he hands it off to. I don't need a title contender in both college sports that matter. Being happy with any win at all was a great complement to only being happy with a national title in basketball. Get a decent successor who can win 3-4 ACC games every season.

Let the record show that I did not believe that a win was possible for one moment. But if we had run on first down there, I might have begun to believe.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back