Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coaching Carousel -- 2012-2013 Edition

ACC will still have 3 decent programs next season (FSU, Clemson, Duke).

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to med school with a bunch of people that went to Penn State and they swarm over Facebook in defense of that institution like UNCers have been despite their recent issues. They blame everyone, but the school for what has happened to them. They went crazy when people said O'Brien was going to leave weeks ago because O'Brien told some recruit he was staying. This makes me laugh. It's from Dec 4th.

http://deadspin.com/bill-obrien-told-re ... socialflow

"That's why, in probably about a month, they're gonna be ——ing looking for a new coach."

The Penn St. fan base scares me more than Alabama's to be honest.

Rollins said:
The Penn St. fan base scares me more than Alabama's to be honest.

As James Carville famously said about Pennsylvania,"It's Pittsburgh on one end, Philadelphia on the other, and Alabama in the middle."

I personally don't believe that Saban is going anywhere unfortunately. I also don't believe that Texas will get their #1, #2 or #3 choice. Apparently Malzahn was at the top of their list and he told them to screw off. I don't think that Texas is an up move any longer for Briles. If Art goes anywhere, I personally think it would be to go to another conference. He also won't have to deal with all the scrutiny and will have better job security at Baylor.

I wouldn't be surprised if Greg Schiano ends up with the job or one of the other fired NFL head coaches.

His alma mater. That can be the only possible draw (besides cash, obviously).

I am cool with anything that puts any of our conference rivals in any sort of state of upheaval. But Miami could be really dangerous again when they get a better coach, and I don't think Golden is a very good coach.

I think I saw recently that Miami had the 4th best recruiting haul for 2014 so far...

It seems that Al Golden has too much emotionally invested in Miami to go to Penn State and deal with sanctions and limitations again. If Penn State were not in the position they are in, I think there would have been a decent chance of him going to Penn State.

I could be wrong though.

Basically, the takeaway is that none of the coaches, players or fans in the ACC Coastal can deal with the fact that Duke just won the division, and are looking for ways to either throw themselves overboard from their respective ships, or have someone else do it for them.

Some Miami Twitter says Golden has been offered the job.

Rumors on the Auburn board is that he isnt returning anyones phone calls that are associated to the U. That includes players. Dont know how true it is, but that is what they are saying.

Is Butch Davis to UL for real?

Edit: I'm guessing no since they have reached out to Cutt.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0
  • NCAA Tournament (Non-Duke) 0
  • Duke vs Houston 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back