Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pets

deepdarkblue

Legend
Yes, pets. Fur, fins or feathers, whadda you got?

I figure we can keep the pet discussions in here, so the rest of these Nietzschesque, animal hating bastards won't be bothered by our little friends.

German Shepherd 90 lbs 8 yrs old
Mutt 20 lbs 13 yrs old
Cockatiel bane of my existence 13 years old (came with the wife)

Birds live forever. I had a parrot when my first son was born and he hated that kid from the minute we brought him home. I tried to explain to him that he needed to get along, since the kid would probably own him someday. Bird wouldn't listen, so I had to give him away.

I hate the bird and wish he would die. The dog knocked over the cage a few times and I slowly went over to fix it. The dog didn't complete his job.

I used to work in a lab with an avid cyclist who had some really old parrot. He'd ride in to work with the parrot on his shoulder and it would hang in the lab all day. Good times.

CK needs to come in here and talk about his fish, too. We haven't had an aquarium update in quite a while.

Oh, and I have
5 dogs
2 cats (they're sort of mine, anyway. neighbors moved and the cats stayed)
3 bearded dragons (also sort of mine. they were my son's, he went to college and I got more pets)

deepdarkblue said:
CK needs to come in here and talk about his fish, too. We haven't had an aquarium update in quite a while.

Oh, and I have
5 dogs
3 bearded dragons (also sort of mine. they were my son's, he went to college and I got more pets)

I always thought this was slang for penis?

NOD said:
deepdarkblue said:

Oh, and I have
5 dogs

I always thought this was slang for penis?

Wanna see my 24 incher?

Don't tempt me.

As for our household -- been a tough year. Lost 2 of my Danes. Now we have 2 dogs along with my wife's cat (which, I am convinced, will never actually die. I think he's like 30 now)

3 year old Bichon Frise
8 month old Golden Retriever

Sorry to hear that, CHS. I lost two yellow labs in November of 2010.

Losing a pet is awful. They become a legitimate part of the family, they are actually in the house more than you are.

I have a 6 year old Golden and a 4 year old yellow lab, and my wife has me. All of us were pound puppies.

I applied for an American Mastiff puppy last night. I needed something that would be good with kids, big enough to play with our ginormous 10-month old Dane puppy, and relatively low on slobberage. Also there is the HUGE benefit of improved survival due to cross-breeeding (mastiff with Anatolian shepherd).

Ready for the 'gulp' moment?

The closest American Mastiff breeder is in the suburbs of Dallas (9 hrs away), and the cost for a pup is, uhh, $1800.

If I have to pay that for a dog that:

1) can play with other huge dogs
2) doesn't slobber too much
3) has the improved crossbreed survivability
4) does really well with kids,

then I am completely fucking fine with the cost.

In case you'd like pics of American mastiffs from this breeder:

8-month old Brindle:

8months.jpg

Fawn:

10-month old fawn:

DSCI0020r.jpg

NOD, I wouldn't pay that. Too bad you aren't closer to the North Pacific. I know a guy up there who does some amazing crosses.
http://www.olympicdogs.net/

Dane/Dogo x Kangal/Boerboel

tumblr_l88kl08AEp1qabz3n.jpg

tumblr_lkylsdreyP1qabz3n.jpg

Do you know anything about Boerboels? Probably a bit much for your urban living, but good ones are great dogs. Bad ones, though, are very bad.

dsc_3365.jpg

daughter_nightrain.jpg

You can get the best Boerboel in the world from David Harris in Kansas for about $800, but he's usually got a pretty long waiting list.

My wife, daughter and I have 5 year old mixed breed hound (mainly beagle physical characteristics)

For real, we named him after your fine school (wife would not accept Wojo, Hurley, or Trajan Langdon as his name)

Awesome - I am trying to load a picture of the dog on here, I am not doing a very good job!

Trajan Langdon is my all-time favorite basketball player.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScheySchey30
Back
Top Bottom